Worried about John

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Oh Hazel my dear, can so empathise with your situation.

Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in and he will feel easier in himself. The chest infection seems newer, as you posted about his eye before.

Is that any better? I wonder sometimes just how much more our loved ones have to bear. Life is so cruel.

Sending love n'hugs. Stay strong.

ROSEANN

Oct 1, 2006
staffordshire
Dear Hazel
Sorry to hear John is not well and hope he picks up soon.

The lack of mobility is what caused my husbands illness but what can you do about it?.

Sending much love to you both.
Roseann

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thanks, Connie and Roseann.

The eyes are getting better, he's had the drops since Friday. The chest infection only started last night, and they acted very quickly, so hopefully it will clear.

Thanks for the support, everyone, you're wonderful.

Love,

Cliff

Jun 29, 2007
North Wales
Dear Hazel,

Shattered to read your news about John.

Dee was tiny but impossible to adjust her position so can understand the problem.

Thoughts are with you,

Love to you both,

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thank you Cliff.

The downs seem so much worse when you've had a good spell, don't they.

Hope you're feeling not too bad, it's good to have you back.

Love,

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Hazel

I've just logged in and want to say that I send lots of love and hope that because John has been clear of infection for a little while that he might recover more quickly from this. Fingers crossed.

I always worry about Alan when he's not eating properly because I know it's so out of character.

It was nice to read the posts and here and see the wonderful support you have.

Love

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
I hate it when he won't eat, he usually wolfs everything I offer him.

I know what you mean - Mum also eats everything & quickly too. The staff love feeding her. So to have a person who loves their food not eating well is really distressing.

Hope the antibiotics kick in soon and that you have another (longer) period of calm.

Love,

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
There is never any way to feel at peace, is there?

We can't ever assume things are stable, or going to be stable.

Very sorry to hear of this. Take care.

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
HI Hazel

Just saw your post. Hope that John picks up today once the AB get to work. At least this time he is not contending with the MRSA at the same time and he has been well for some time so hopefully has some reserves with which to fight this.

Lack of mobility brings so many problems.

((((Hugs))) to you both and hoping for a better day today

Love

Mameeskye

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thank you Helen, Joanne, Bruce and Mameeskye, I appreciate the support.
I didn't get the dreaded 0800 phone call, so the night can't have been too bad.

Hopefully I'll have better news this afternoon.

There is never any way to feel at peace, is there?

Spot on, Bruce. You have a plateau for a while, and settle into a routine, even start to enjoy life again, then wham! You're into another nosedive.

Let's hope we can pull out of this one before we hit the ground!

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
PS My financial advisor rang last week and arranged to come this afternoon for my annual review.

I told him I didn't really want to know at the moment, but he said it's in the contract! He said I couldn't bury my head in the sand.

Of all the times, when I'm spending a fortune on John's care, and the markets are at rock bottom.

I do keep an eye on things, and I know roughly where I stand, but I know he'll want me to take less income until things pick up. I don't want to!

I wish I could bury my head in the sand!:(

Sam Iam

Sep 29, 2008
WEST OF THE MOON
you are a brave lady

:)Hi Hazel I just joined last night and I have spent the evening with your posts they are very honest and John has got a wonderful Lady on his side.

Sam Iam

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
I hope there is better news of John today, and that he has his appetite back.

he (financial advisor) will want me to take less income until things pick up. I don't want to
Now-now Hazel, YOU are in charge here, YOU are the paying client, it is YOUR money being manipulated here; HE is Mr 'the customer is always right'.
Don't forget that.

fearful fiona

Apr 19, 2007
London
Dear Hazel,

Sorry about this setback, hope John is better soon. I think about you both often because there is a gentleman in Mum's home who looks just like John from the photos you send (i.e. he is very good looking) and his wife seems a lot like you, so caring and loving.

Financial advisors, yuck! Don't we all feel we could bury our heads in the sand, but as Lynne says, you're the customer.

Hope you had better news about John this afternoon,

Love,
F.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thank you Lynne and Fifi.

Sam Iam, welcome to TP, and thank you for reading my posts. I hope you'll soon feel among friends.

John was not good at lunch time, wouldn't eat at all. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon.

Financial advisor was OK, actually said I could have more income if I needed it!!!! Our money has gone down, of course, but not as much as I feared. He's very good -- and likes to tell me so!

He'd hardly gone out the door when the phone rang -- the chairman of one of the committeees I'm on. I've been having an email 'discussion' with him for the last few days, and he wants to come and see me this afternoon. Oh well, may as well get all the stress out of the way at once!

I think he thought I was the 'token carer'! He knows different now!:eek:

Why do I let myself in for these things?

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
I think he thought I was the 'token carer'! He knows different now!

Thank goodness too Hazel. Know where you are coming from.
Why do people assume that we will not stand up and speak our corner?. Hope all goes well.

Pray that the antibiotics kick in now, and that John will make a steady recovery. Thinking of you.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi folks, John was a lot better tonight. I got some kisses, and he ate his tea without any problem. Then he went straight to sleep, but that's normal.

I'm not sure how my meeting went, but I did manage to get some points across. He's going to arrange for me to talk to the consultant.

Am I stupid, or would you assume that Integrated Care Pathways should mean that care agencies should work together for the benefit of the patient?

Not so, apparently! I received last week a copy of a report to the Scottish Parliament on what we had achieved in our area. It was a complete fudge!

At least he knows now I'm not a 'token carer'. We'll see!

What a day! Early night is called for, I think.

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Pleased your day was more up-beat all round, Hazel.

Get a good night's sleep.

Attachments

• cat on monitor.gif
    cat on monitor.gif
    7 KB · Views: 290

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Hazel:

You have had a hectic day :eek: - but I am pleased to hear that John seems ok and is eating well again. Well done - it seems he enjoyed his kisses, his food and then drifted into contented sleep.

I think a little whisky and an early night is called for :):)

Love Jan