Worried about John

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Hazel....you are a total inspiration to all on here.

You've obviously taken a step back, regrouped and you are back in fighting spirit.....

Go girl;)

Love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Success!!! Profuse apologies from GP, and a prescription for antibiotics faxed to the chemist this pm!

A good meeting this afternoon. Did you know that GPs get paid extra for every dementia patient on their books, and for every carer? And they're supposed to give them a complete medical review every year?

Also, the mental health wards here are being replaced, and I've been asked to join the planning committee, to make sure they're dementia-friendly.

How's that for a good day? All I need now is for the antibiotics to work!

(I feel as if I've done ten rounds with Cassius Clay).:)

ishard

Jul 10, 2007
Hazel I have only just read all the posts about John and feel that I know you both personally.

I have cried at the sad tmes and smiled at the good times.

My God! You should be an MP!

Keep fighting Hazel and know that we are all behind you and John.

My thoughts are with you both

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
(I feel as if I've done ten rounds with Cassius Clay

I bet you do..

Good for you Hazel..

I too am hoping the antibiotics work..

My love and best wishes to you both

(My dad in his latter years used to correspond with a policeman in Germany who was his equivalent.. his motto was..

Keep Attacking..)..It should be yours...:)

Love Gigi xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Well done Hazel. I really do hope the antibiotics work.

How do you fancy a few rounds with Dhiren?

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
No thanks, Sylvia, I know my limitations!:eek:

Do you still want figures for drug prescriptions? I've got them for our area.

burfordthecat

Jan 9, 2008
Leicestershire
Hi Hazel

Really pleased to hear your news. I've got fingers crossed that the antibiotics work fast and well. I think that today you have got a "well done" and a whole heap of "gold stars" for your work:D

I think that if everyone had your willpower and fight, then dementia care in this country would be so much better.

You certainly have had a good day:)

Hugs

Burf

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thanks folks.

I've just been reading the remit for the new committee. It's not for the new mental health wards, as I thought. It's for upgrading and redesigning the whole infirmary, physically and clinically, to make it dementia-friendly.

Now I'm really excited about it, it's a subject very dear to my heart, and I feel that at last we're getting somewhere!:):):)

Bed-time now, it's been an eventful day.

Please God John recovers to make it 100%

Love to all

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Wow Hazel!!!!!

Do you ever rest???????????

Cassius Clay?????......could you be showing your age a tad here?:D:D:D

Soooo good to see you back on form my friend;);)

Love xxxx

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
What wonderful news about the antibiotics. You've stuck to your guns & had the proper response. Now here's for John responding positively, which I think he will.

Redesigning the infirmary - that sounds really interesting.

Love to both of you,

117katie

Hi, Hazel

Well, well, well. Cassius Clay II strikes gold! Good girl! Hope John does as you're telling him to do. My John does occasionally!!

Our very best wishes to you both. Have a good day!

Love
Katie

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Well done Skye.

If you need a fine example of 'non-dementia friendly' then I can help - David is in one now. The nurses seem good though.

I do hope the antibiotics work. David has just completed a course and seems to be starting now with a chest infection, as well as the broken ribs - so like you I have to keep a close eye on it.

Keep up the good work. Love Jan

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
A good meeting this afternoon. Did you know that GPs get paid extra for every dementia patient on their books, and for every carer? And they're supposed to give them a complete medical review every year?

I did read about that a few years ago , how GP get more money for people with dementia on they books , but did not know that they suppose to give them a complete medical review ever year .

where did you read about that any links please ?

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
David has just completed a course and seems to be starting now with a chest infection, as well as the broken ribs - so like you I have to keep a close eye on it.

Jan, I'm sorry to hear about David's problems. There does seem to be a lack of understanding of dementia in general nursing. There's a lot to be done.

I do hope David recovers soon, and the chest infection doesn't prove too serious. At least he's in the right place for immediate treatment.

Maggie, no links, sorry. It was something that emerged from yesterday's meeting.

Love,

Cliff

Jun 29, 2007
North Wales
....lack of understanding of dementia in general nursing. There's a lot to be done.

You are a fighter Hazel,

Wish you every success, and every good thing to John.

Love to you both,

Last edited:

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
What a difference a letter makes..........

Today was amazing.

John was sitting up and alert, laughing and responsive. While I was giving him lunch, our own GP rang to ask how John was today, and say he'll make an appointment with me to see us both at the end of the week, when the new treatment will have had time to work.

I then went to my philosophy class (Feminism :eek:), and went back in at tea time. I was told the district nurse had been in (for the first time, though they had been asking for a visit since Christmas!), and had prescribed a new ointment.

As I was giving him tea, another district nurse arrived, just checking that John had been seen.

Do you think I've caused a panic?:D

It pays to complain!

Love,

117katie

Do you think I've caused a panic?

"Do you think I've caused a panic?"

Feminism doesn't cause a panic. It sends earth-tremors ... the like of which .... well, you know what I mean.

Well done. Yes, another small step for personkind!

Greetings from another earth-temor-causing person.

The more the merrier. Does that call for another neat wee dram?

Love
Katie