Worried about John

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
you can focus that formidable personality on that GP (I almost feel sorry for him:))

Ouch!:eek:

Thanks, Joanne (I think!):D

Thanks also Nicky, Taffy and Sue. John was much better this lunch time, and they'd managed to walk him about 20 metres this morning. I think they're regarding the GP's opinion as a challenge.

Fingers crossed!

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
:D:D:D

Just wish I'd had your sheer guts and determination when mum was alive;)

Its so good to hear you've got the staff on side too.......a formidable team:) eh?

Love xx

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Anyway, he said John's not ready for palliative care, he still has some quality of life, and often responds to carers (not verbally, of course).

Now that is good new , am so please for both of you xx

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
John was much better this lunch time, and they'd managed to walk him about 20 metres this morning. I think they're regarding the GP's opinion as a challenge.

I think that this was how the staff felt with Mum when the GP wrote her up for TLC 18 months ago.

I and the NH staff did not believe that it was time for Mum and she proved us right. Now though, it is a different matter, and we know in our hearts that the time is closing in for my Mum. In her chats with her "Angels" she had been saying "I don't want to go". Now it is "I'll be going soon".

Your heart will know when the time is right Hazel, keep on fighting John's corner!

Love

Mameeskye

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Your heart will know when the time is right Hazel, keep on fighting John's corner!

Thanks, Mameeskye. I know it's not yet. As long as he's not suffering, he'll get all the love and care possible.

I hope your mum is calm,and not afraid. It sounds like that.

Love,

BeverleyY

Jan 29, 2008
Ashford, Kent
Dear Hazel

Glad things sound better for John, and you.

Just a thought.. I have some boxing gloves - do you want to borrow them for when you next see the GP;)

As for teeth - got to get mine done Thursday. Consoled myself with some chocolate toffee last week, and broke my tooth:mad:

Beverley x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thanks Cliff. Not wonderful, I just love my John, as you do Dee.

Beverley, thanks for the offer, but boxing gloves wouldn't help, I'm totally unco-ordinated!

Anyway, they say the pen is mightier then the sword; I say the tongue is mightier than either!

Commiserations on the tooth, hope it's not too painful.

Kate P

Jul 6, 2007
Merseyside
Oh Hazel, I'm so glad that the nursing home are on board and supporting you and John. Such good news.

Let's hope those antibiotics kick in and get rid of this infection.

As always I'm praying hard for both you and John.

Love

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Yes, how is John? My advantage, or disadvantage depending, is the 5 hour time difference. I go to bed wondering what will happen tomorrow & when I'm up & on line, never earlier than noon your time, lots of things have already happened.

The down side, of course, is that I'm always behind the eight ball.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
John was quite alert at lunchtime, but tonight he was not too well, jerky again.

The GP saw him again this morning -- a different one again! It's ridiculous, it's a different doc every time, but never the one we're actually registered with, and who has treated John for five years.

His chest is still infected, and he now has has a prescription for another antibiotic, for after this one finishes!

The charge nurse is as fed up as I am. I think we're going to have to get stroppy!:eek:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbonetti