Worried about John

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Hazel,
If you manage to read this, I am not able to do anything for Peter but I am here for you and my thoughts and prayers are with you and John.

There is an old song that Peter and I use to love and although it was Country and Western there was a special part in it that was "Just to see you smile"

Just those few words - seeing that on our loved ones face would fade away a little bit of sorrow.

Take care of yourself.
God Bless both you and John.

Christine

Libby

May 20, 2006
North East
Hazel - How are you and John doing?

Hi Hazel

Have not logged on much recently, and have been really saddened to see that you have not been posting recently.

Please let us know how you and John are - I'm sure that like me, there are so many others here who really care. We may just be virtual friends, but that doesn't stop us from having real feelings. You just need to read Katies thread to see that.

TP has been such a big part of your life for so long - although I'm sure you would give anything if it hadn't been necessary. You've written over 6000 posts:eek: You can't stop now - TP needs you.

I was going to pm you, but I'm sure that your inbox will be full of messages:)

I sure would like to see those 2 smiley faces again Hazel, so until then - take care - both of you

Liz x

Last edited:

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
I'm fine, thanks. Tooth out, still a bit achy, but nothing major. And no more swelling!:) (Wrinkles instead!):(

John is not good. He has another chest infection. I had a long talk with the GP this afternoon, he says if this lot of antibiotics don't work, he thinks we should have a review. I have a horrible feeling he's intending to suggest palliative care.:(

Love,

CYN

Jan 4, 2008
east sussex
welcome back

Hazel i and most others are so pleased to see you back. Pleased you've got your tooth out, sorry to hear the latest news on John,you are in my thoughts love Cynthia x x

Attachments

• hug 3.gif
    hug 3.gif
    38.8 KB · Views: 350

Cliff

Jun 29, 2007
North Wales
Good to hear from you Hazel, though your worries about John continue.

Hope you sleep OK tonight despite the tooth.

Love to you both,

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
It is so sad to hear of John and yet another infection.
Please keep us informed on the recommendations - ? palliative care.
Try to sleep and hope your mouth is feeling less sore (I am to have a tooth out tomorrow :().

Jan

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Sorry to read that Hazel ((hugs )))) I still wish they don't say they have to do that xx

Had to look it up to see what is means xxxx

Last edited:

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Hazel

Glad that the tooth is gone for you.

I hope that you have the strength to deal with whatever this rollercoaster throws at you.

(((((hugs)))))

My thoughts are with you.

Love

Mameeskye

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Hazel,
Let's see what happens with this course of antibiotics. How does it work in Scotland? If the doctor suggests palliative care, do you have to accept it? "Suggests" implies just that. If you feel John is not ready for that, say so. If you aren't ready for it, say so.

Much love and hugs.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thanks, Joanne. It hasn't actually been suggested, I had a long conversation with our GP over the phone, and I asked what the prognosis might be, in light of his continual infections. He said he'd prescribed the strongest possible antibiotic this time, and if that didn't work, he thought we should have a review with him, the unit nurses, and me to discuss the outlook.

I'm reading between the lines, but by the way he spoke, I'm sure that was what he meant. The charge nurse was off today, so I haven't had chance to talk to him.

John wasn't well at all today, some difficulty breathing, and myoclonic jerks back. He's been on these antibiotics for three days now, so there should be some improvement.

We'll see what the weekend brings.

Thanks for all the messages of support.

Love,

snooky

May 12, 2007
devon
Dear Hazel,
I hope that John improves and has a better weekend and you are feeling okay from your dental work!!! Special good vibes are being sent your way and hugs of course.
Love
Snooky xxxx ((((((())))))))))
(That is as good as my hugs get, wish I knew how to get them better!!!):)

117katie

Try harder, Snooky, because I could do with a few of them coming my way, if Hazel and John are able to share Snooky-hugs!

KT

snooky

May 12, 2007
devon
Hi Katie,
Don't know what this will look like, but here you go:

(((((((((())))))))))))

Much Love,

Snooky xxxx

117katie

Wow! What more could a gal ask for!!

May I reciprocate ... hug hug hug hug hug hug!

Shared with Hazel and John, of course!!

KT

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabream