Worried about John

Cliff

Jun 29, 2007
North Wales
Thank you Gigi, it doesn't feel like that at the time. Am sure you are the same,

Love and best wishes,

Dear Hazel, like Gigi, fingers crossed,

You are one very devoted lady

Love to you both

okmurrays

Oct 17, 2007
kelowna, bc, canada
Hi Sharon, wondered where you'd got to. Sorry to hear about the cracked sternum, hope it's not too painful. I'd love to have seen your ice dance -- don't suppose anyone had a camera handy?:)

I've been at the NH most of the day. John's much better, not as jerky, but very weak. They kept him in bed all day, so I stayed with him, apart from a short break for dog-walking.

The GP finally arrived at about 2pm, thought it was probably epilepy. If he has another seizure, he'll have to go to hospital for tests -- they don't do it for only one! They're testing for infection again -- in the meantime, wait and see.

Why do I not feel re-assured?

Thanks for the messages, much appreciated.

Love,

Hello Hazel
Not intending to hijack your thread, but my chest is a pain. Stupid things hurt, like opening a packet of toilet rolls, one tug and I almost passed out.
My skills on the ice will not get me into Dancing on Ice either, I'm afraid, although I may get a prize for the fastest recovery. I was wearing sensible snowboots, but still caught my foot on black ice. Down I went, flat on my back. I got up in double quick time, although I was winded. Luckily I hadn't got far from the house, so a forlorn pup and I made it back inside. Just aswell as it was very cold here last week.
The hospital was fantastic, but there's not much they can do apart from dope me up with painkillers. Molly, the pup can't understand what my problem is. She keeps looking at her lead, and checking her watch....little does she know she has to wait until my daughter gets home for her walkies as Mum is out of action.
Keep us posted about how things go with you both.
No cavorting on the ice for you, mind, I seriously DON'T recommend it.
Hugs and thanks for the good wishes.
Sharon

Cliff

Jun 29, 2007
North Wales
Dear Hazel, just posting to make sure your thread doesn't slip below the line again,

Do hope things are more stable today.

Love to both you and John,

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Cliff

John was much better today, thanks. Still very sleepy, but he sat up in his chair for lunch and tea, and ate well.

Hopefully the seizure was a one-off. We'll have to wait and see!

Just had a phone call from John's cousin who lives near Newcastle. She wants to come over for the weekend to spend some time with him. It'll be good, she's my age and I've known her for ages, much longer than I've known John. It was through her parents that I met him.

BUT -- I've now got to do some housework -- and COOK! My filing system at the moment consists of starting a new pile when the last one looks like falling over!:eek: And it's so long since I entertained, I've forgotten how!

Hope you and Dee are well, and you're getting some sleep.

Love,

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Hazel:
Pleased that John is better today.

Also about his cousin visiting. I am sure she will take you as you are (cleaning not really necessary). I suggest you just concentrate on food and wine and visiting John.

Love Jan

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Hazel,
Glad to hear John is stable..and that you'll have some company for the weekend..don't worry about feeding her..just ask her to bring you some peas pudding and stotty..you'll be fine!!!:D

Seriously though..don't overdo the "hostess" bit..and try to take a break while there's someone you can depend on to visit and be there...

Lots of love Gigi xx

snooky

May 12, 2007
devon
Dear Hazel,
Glad too that John had a better day today. It will be nice for you and John to have your cousin visiting this weekend. Don't worry about the domestic chores (although I knew we probably all do). I always think a takeaway is a real treat, don't know if you have any good ones near you. Here's to another good day tomorrow.
Take care
Snooky x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s so nice that John`s cousin wants to stay and spend some time with him. Especially if you both get on so well.
Just give everything a `lick and a promise`, and enjoy the weekend. :)

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Just give everything a `lick and a promise`, and enjoy the weekend. :)

Unfortunately, it's been getting that ever since the beginning of August, when John became ill!:eek:

Her sister lives in Toronto, and she and her husband were over in July. They all came to visit us, and were amazed that John sat up to table and ate correctly, and managed to be sociable even though he had no language.

She's going to get such a shock, even though I've kept her up to date by phone.

Cliff

Jun 29, 2007
North Wales
Dear Hazel,

Good news about John - pray it is a one-off.

Know the problem of piles of letters, rubbish, all for filing or disposing of but it gets higher and higher.

Enjoy the company, wine and more wine.

Love to you both,

PS Thought this might bring a smile.

Attachments

• Small boy weeing.jpg
    Small boy weeing.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 327

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Lovely, Cliff -- which one's you?

Bad day again today. No jerks, but wouldn't wake up, even to eat. He's going downhill so quickly.

Sorry, feeling really rough today.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Know the problem of piles of letters, rubbish, all for filing or disposing of but it gets higher and higher.

Why is that?..Why do I pile it up and and promise myself "I'll do it later"..I hate facing paperwork!!! Admit it stresses me..I have to make...DECISIONS..and there is only me to deal with them...and that's why I hate it!

Hazel...are you feeling any better?

Love Gigi xx

Last edited:

Cliff

Jun 29, 2007
North Wales
Dear Hazel,

John is having a bad time - and so are you.

Please look after yourself, so easy not to.

Will be thinking of you both tonight.

With love,

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Cliff: I am not sure whether Hazel caught on to the 'wet patch'. Whoops - the little chap does not like a photo taken of his mishap.

Gigi: Come on now you should be good with the paperwork - nurses always are!

Hazel: I have joked with the others but for you I am very sad. I know you feel John is going downhill fast and there is nothing any of us can do to help - only to keep you in our thoughts. I hope the extra company and support this weekend will help a little. Take care of yourself as best you can.

Love Jan

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Hazel,

Sorry John has had a bad day.

I hope his cousin coming gives you some much needed support this weekend.

snooky

May 12, 2007
devon
Dear Hazel,
Don't apologise, I'm sorry that John had a bad day today. Hope you both have a better day tomorrow. Thinking of you both and hope that John improves enough to enjoy your weekend with family. Take care.
Love
Snooky xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Sorry Hazel.
It must be so hard not knowing what to expect every day. They all seem different but very few are good.
Love xx

Kate P

Jul 6, 2007
Merseyside
Hi Hazel,

Sorry I'm a bit delayed in replying to you but I wasn't about yesterday.

I'm so sorry you feel John is not doing so well. I think of you both often and pray for you both.

I wish I had something wonderful to say to you, as you give so much comfort to others but all I can do is feel for you and hope beyond all hope that things get better for you.

Love

Cloudwatcher

Nov 2, 2007
West Sussex
Dear Hazel,

I come very late to this thread. However I have read it from post one, and my goodness what a rollercoaster you have been on!

My heart goes out to you and John.

The strength, courage and sense of humor you have maintained throughout your and Johns' journey is absolutely admirable. What a wonderful lady you are.

Thank you for sharing it with us and giving back the support to everyone else to carry on.

Good luck with your philosophy classes too. Hope you get time to enjoy some time with John's cousin over the weekend.

You and John are consigned to my thoughts.

Love Lee x