Cynthia x x

Attachments

• hug 3.gif
    hug 3.gif
    38.8 KB · Views: 430

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hazel-I can't do computer graphics(yet) but am sending you a virtual hug. Thinking about you both...Love Gigi xx

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Oh Hazel

I am so sorry that John isn't doing so well.

It doesn't seem so long ago when you were looking for places to holiday together.

We never know with this awfull disease.

Thinking of you and John

Love
Alfjess

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Hazel,
I am so sorry to hear about John. My thoughts are with you. I know what you are going through as Peter is in the same position.
My prayers and thoughts are with you both. Love from Christine

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thanks again for the good wishes, everyone.

There's no change over the last couple of days, still asleep most of the time and having difficulty walking. The charge nurse and I walked him down the corridor to his room today, and his legs would hardly support him. His right leg in particular was very weak (he's still got good strong muscles), and as PPA affects the left temporal lobe, I think the damage is spreading very quickly now.

I'll post again when there's any change -- hopefully for the better.

Love,

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Hazel, I know just how hard it is, watching and waiting. All the time praying for some improvement.

My only advice is to try to relax, and enjoy the day. These are tomorrows memories.

A walk, however slow and stumbly is still a walk. Lunch eaten, even with closed eyes is still good.

John is still there with you, albeit somewhat frailer than he was. Take care sweetheart, thinking of you both.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thanks, Connie. I do value my time with him, and when I get a response, it's wonderful.

I'm so grateful for the way he's being cared for, I couldn't ask for better. And the staff all make a point of coming to chat to me, and ask how I am. They always offer me lunch. When I read of the problems others are having, I can't believe how lucky I am.

I think you have done more than your best so far and deserve a decoration.

Grommit, thank you too. I've already got two decorations. They're big and black, and sit one under each eye!

Love,

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi Hazel

What a coincidence, I have the same decorations you have:(

I have never photographed well, but now I think it would be like a horror photo:eek:

Look after yourself
Alfjess

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
I've been trying to take a photo of myself for a passport renewal. You wouldn't believe how many I've taken, and there's not one I'm prepared to live with for the next ten years! Even reduced to passport size, they'd still frighten the horses!

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Like John, Peter is in a beautifully, loving caring E.M.I. Unit. He is still staking furniture and climbing. A week ago when I had the early hours call that Peter had been taken to A & E, has a 6" long deep cut to the top of his head. I thought perhaps another mild stroke perhaps a full blown one. When I got to the Hospital, I was in a terrible state as you can imagine. N.H.have gone all over the lounge where Peter keep going, no matter what they do to distract him, he gets aggitated and pushes them away. The look all round furnitue etc., to see any signs of blood -none. On Friday my best friend and Case Worker wanted to know as she was picking someone up from there would I like to go but it meant staying 4 and a half hours. I declined. He does not know me, so after I have been to see my Doctor on Monday, something that I have put off since September, I will then go to see him.
Best wishes to everyone. Christine

okmurrays

Oct 17, 2007
kelowna, bc, canada
Hi Hazel

Thinking of you, and hoping for some positive news for you.

If it makes you feel any better, we had to have new photos taken when we landed in Canada after two long, and early flights, for our permanent residents cards...if I ever have to present them to anyone I dread to think what the reaction would be. I look like I've escaped from somewhere - like a wax works!

fearful fiona

Apr 19, 2007
London
Dear Hazel,

I'm constantly watching this thread to see how John is doing and am thinking about you both. I'm glad he's somehwere so nice, it does help. And it is nice when people ask how you are as well, I know I value those friends who ask how I am as well as my parents.

Much love

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Hi Hazel

Sorry I have not been around much. Life gets very busy at this time of year!

I am glad to hear how you are getting on. The ups and downs are hard I know but it sounds like John is in a caring home and that the staff care for you too.

((((hugs))))

Mameeskye

Cliff

Jun 29, 2007
North Wales
Hello Hazel,

So sorry to read about John, you deserve every hug everyone sends you.

Haven't been able to use TP for a couple of weeks but wanted to read this before joining in again.

Your dedication is quite beautiful.

Love to you both,

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thank you Cliff, I missed you. I hope all is well with you and Dee.

I'm desperately sad at John's decline, it breaks my heart to see him. All I can do now is make the most of the occasional response, and hope for any kind of recovery.

Love,

Cliff

Jun 29, 2007
North Wales
Dear Hazel,

Although it is heartbreaking for you and anyone reading your thread, it clocks up in our minds that John's sudden change is this dreadful disease and somehow prepares us if it should happen to our loved ones.

Before reading TP, I had no idea what AD was all about even after Dee was diagnosed - it was my first real encounter with dementia.

Now I know.

Something brighter: have posted all our Christmas cards this morning each with a covert note inside. Have followed your advice and it worked.

Love to you and John,

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Have followed your advice and it worked.

Not too sure what the advice was

- is it ok for public forum?

Just in midst of making my own cards - so pleased with this year's effort compared with last year. I just hope our friends appreciate the effort put into it.

THE IMPORTANT THING IS: HOW IS JOHN?

Just think it is important to keep things into perspective.
Best wishes Jan

Thinking about you alot Skye and just 'praying' for John.
All those beautiful photos keep coming into my mind and wonder what the 'picture' is like now.

Last edited:

Cliff

Jun 29, 2007
North Wales
Just a quicky Jan as this is Hazel and John's thread.

Will initiate a thread in the Tea room about cards.

Love,

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa