Worried about John

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Hi Hazel,

What a lovely photo of you, John and your granddaughter. She looks, as you say 'bright as a button'.

My niece, and hence my dad's granddaughter, is 18 this year and visits my dad on a regular basis. She is a breath of fresh air and my dad often responds to her in a way that us old fogeys can't hope to match. When he doesn't respond however, she is mature enough not to get upset.

I hope your granddaughter has had a similar effect on John, and that in some way it will show her that life is for living. :)

Scottie45

Jan 25, 2009
CoAntrim
Dear Hazel

Lovely photo of John,your grandaughter and you,great news about John,s carer.I hope the problem with your grandaughter,s eye gets sorted soon,take care Marian xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
I took Skye to see John today while the house was being viewed. I haven't taken her for a while, because it's difficult at mealtimes, but today I had to.

Skye behaved very well, and John responded better than I expected, and actually held on to her.

I'll have to take her more often.

Attachments

• John & Skye.jpg
    John & Skye.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 404

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
What a lovely picture of John and Sky - the two most important in your life. They looked settled and comfortable together and I'm sure it has done them both a power of good. Hope the viewing was fruitful.

xxTinaT

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
One or two of them did, Joanne, but most are in a world of their own. Skye tried, though!:D

And the staff made a big fuss of her. She was very upset not to be offered a plate of stew though, she turned up her nose at the biscuits I'd taken for her!

Bookworm

Jan 30, 2009
Co. Derry
John looks so much better than I'd expected - he looks well cared for - I'm so glad he got pleasure out of holding your lovely dog Skye, xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
My darling John passed away this morning at 11.30. I was with him, as I had been all week, and the end was a blessed relief from suffering. The cause of death is 1. Aspiration pneumonia, 2. Dementia. I asked the doctor to make sure she included dementia.

John is at peace now, and the pain is all mine.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abba