Worried about John

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Hello Hazel,
What a lovely photo ofthe 3 of you. Good looking grand daughter too, she looks really lovely.

I am so pleased you have had a fabulous time together too. I bet it has gone far too quickly but there will be plenty more visits you just wait and see. Now the ball has started rolling, there will be no stopping her hopefully. Especially if you flash your credit card every time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Joke of course.

So pleased she wanted to visit her grand dad too, it must have been wonderful for you to see them together.

Hope the house does not feel too empty now.

Take care.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
She went home yesterday, Joanne!:(

Thank you everyone for the lovely comments. It hadn't struck me what she was like me, but that photo does show a resemblance. I wish I had her curly hair though!:(

We had a lovely time, and I was so pleased she wanted to visit John. I really hope she's well enough to go to uni in September, but that will mean she's even further away from me.:(

I must admit I used the credit card as a bribe, Winnie, but I'd like her to see this as a place she can come for a break. I was so nervous about her coming, but it was all so relaxed and lovely, and I'm sure John enjoyed her visits.

Love to all,

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Good news today!

I had a phone call this morning from the Daily Mail. I had nominated John's Charge Nurse for their Dementia Carer award, and he has made the long list.

They then rang him at the home, much to his surprise, I hadn't said anything about nominating him. He had an phone interview, and was told he was through to the next round. Someone will come and interview him in person. He's really thrilled.:)

The manager and I have also nominated him for the group carer of the year award. It would be good if he got some reward.:)

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
And all thanks to you who has seen how good and caring this person is and taken the trouble to nominate him. Well done you. I hope that he gets through all the rounds and wins it.

xxTinaT

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
That is good news Hazel.

I know just how much you have valued his support and care for John.

Not many of us would take the time to put pen to paper, so well done you too.

Bookworm

Jan 30, 2009
Co. Derry
Wonderful news about your Charge nurse - well done you - he'll always remember being nominated even if he does not win. Special you too, Hazel, xx

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
People are always so quick to find fault so it's great that you have nominated him as Dementia Carer. I'm certain that if it goes no further than it has, he will always look back at this as a great moment.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Fingers crossed for your carer chappie, Hazel. Good to read the news and to see the lovely pic of you and John with your granddaughter. :)

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Good news about my 'carer chappie'!:)

He wasn't on duty today, but rang at lunch time to speak to me. He's had his second interview, and as a result is now the winner of the dementia section for Scotland. He now goes forward to the UK selection, which I think he has to travel for, don't know where yet. It's very exciting!:)

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
That's wonderful news, Hazel..very exciting!

I love the photo of you and John with your grandaughter too..that's very special :)

Love xx

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
Hi Hazel

I've only just seen the lovely photo of your granddaughter, you and John. I am so glad she visited - let's hope this will be the first of many visits.

Love

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
I hope so too, Sue. She now has a problem with her eye. She had what we thought was a stye when she was here, and I told her she should see a doctor, because I thought she was run down. The GP thought it was a cyst under the eyelid, and she'd have to have it operated on. Since then it has become infected, so no-one knows which it is. But she's very short sighted, has been from birth, and she's scared her sight will be affected. Also, she wears contacts, can't wear them at present, and hasn't any glasses.

That poor girl has so many problems, and she's bright as a button.

Anyway, thanks for the lovely comments. Hopefully CN will be on duty tomorrow and I'll find out more. It was good of him to ring at lunch time when he knew I'd be there.:)

Sam Iam

Sep 29, 2008
WEST OF THE MOON
Hazel,
wonderful about the carer, just shows not to believe all that you hear unless its from "horses mouth". xxx
Hope your granddaughter is feeling a bit better.xx

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Wonderful news Hazel about John's carer. Second round eh!, sounds good to me.

Sorry about your grandaughter. Do hope she gets her eye sorted out soon.

Love to you both.

PostTenebrasLux

Mar 16, 2010
London & Oxford
How good Hazel that you and your granddaughter were able to visit your husband together. I don't mean it in a nasty way, but perhaps it is a good thing that your granddaughter has the nasty problem with her eye. It helps teach her about physical and emotional care and a small insight of what you are experiencing. I hope she recovers quickly from her op and how lucky she is to have you for support! I'm sure her respect for you has grown even more!
Best wishes
M