World Alzheimer's Day concert - call for acts/speakers

Monkey

Aug 24, 2006
London UK
Hi
I've been rasing a bit of money for AS for a couple of years now since my mum was diagnosed.

I organise concerts in London. One of my regular shows falls on World Alzheimer's Day this year, so I have hit upon an idea to raise a bit of money for the society, and to celebrate all of us who either have relatives with AD or who have AD. Have some fun.

I have The Memory Band, and Sandra and The Memory Machine booked to play. I will host the event. We usually do a pop quiz. This time we'll do one with a theme of AD. It's Friday 21 Sept in Crouch End, North London.

I could use TWO more acts. Either comedy or music or both. It would be good if they were well known! We want to get as much press for this as possible. It might be nice to have some speakers.

I can just go ahead and book the acts, but I thought I would open it up to this board to see if there are any suggestions from folks with experience or knowledge of Alzheimer's.

any thoughts anyone?

I will post details of the event on here and on my own website www.knom.co.uk once the bill is finalised...

Last edited by a moderator:

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
Hi

Why not contact the Alzheimers Society in London. They have quite a lot of people on their list some of which are speakers. Its worth a try and you have nothing to loose.

Best Wishes

Ken