World Altzheimer's Day - 2004

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by Jude, Sep 18, 2004.

1. Jude

Jude Registered User

Dear Members,

Just a quick reminder......

World Altzheimer's Day is this TUESDAY 21 SEPTEMBER.

It's a great day to join events if you have time. 'Memory Walks' are taking place in 90 destinations within the UK. You can join in by checking the AS Home Pages.

It's also a good time to suport the AS by making a donation, in recognition of all the work and research that the Society undertakes each year on behalf of AD sufferers and their carers. This can easily be done online here or by contributing to collection boxes in your local area.

It's also the 25th Anniversary of the Altzheimer's Society this year. So if Members would like to place a 'Happy Anniversary' message here, then I'm sure all the UK Staff would be delighted to receive our best wishes and support.

Kindest regards,

Jude

2. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    Happy Anniversary! Celebrating it by visiting Jude's trek site!

Izzy

3. carol

carol Registered User

Jun 24, 2004
    Surrey/Hampshire
    Alzheimers memory walk

Hi,

We are doing the alzheimers memory walk tomorrow, at Frimley Lodge Park with our local alzheimers support group. We are hoping for a nice sunny day and a good turnout.

Carolx

4. Jude

Jude Registered User

Dear Izzy,

Thanks Iz - that's very thoughtful of you. It will really help me with my fundraising as well. I shall be out and about on Tuesday morning, clad in my lovely AS T Shirt and giving out stickers and badges to everyone at our local Shopping Centre. Also hope to have a 'stall' at the local market on Thursday - the organisers have very kindly allowed me a free space. Our carers are very kindly going to cover the extra time, free of charge too.

I hope I can raise a serious amount of money this week.

Best wishes,

Jude

5. Jude

Jude Registered User

Frimley Memory Walk

Dear Carol,

Great stuff! You have a beautiful morning for it too.

For others interested - Most of the walks are taking place either this weekend or next. The walks are for approx 45 mins and set in areas of local beauty around the country. Check out the Events Page for details of your local walk and do participate if you can.

Best wishes,

Jude

6. Jude

Jude Registered User

Dear All,

Have a browse on the Runners Thread to find other fund raising pages, to which you may wish to contribute.

Best wishes,

Jude

7. Jude

Jude Registered User

Oh well, the best laid plans........

My mother isn't very well and I'm having to wait for the doctor to visit this morning... Hopefully Thursday will be better.

Jude

8. storm

storm Registered User

Aug 10, 2004
    notts
    Happy anniversary to everyone and i hope we do really welltoday on alzheimers day.Sorry to hear your mums not well Jude but i am sure you will have a good day thursday. storm

9. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    A member of staff was selling cakes in the staffroom today for World Alz Day!

Iz