Word Puzzles to stimulate your brain

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
New Word Puzzles to stimulate your brain now uploaded

Hi everyone,

I am pleased to tell you that with Christmas only being a few weeks away that I have now started to upload some of my special “Christmas Word Puzzles” in a PDF file format, and hopefully after the Christmas festivities / New Year I will start to upload the other Word Puzzles again also in PDF file format… so please keep watching this thread for updates.

Barry

Always go to the last page for the latest puzzles

Attachments

• No 1 Word puzzle within my mind.doc
    143.5 KB · Views: 1,117
  • No 1 Answers Word puzzle within my mind.doc
    107.5 KB · Views: 717
  • No 2 Word puzzle Words in our Dementia.doc
    81.5 KB · Views: 784
  • No 2 Answers word puzzle Words in our dementia.doc
    76.5 KB · Views: 654
  • Small size.jpg
    Small size.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 2,514
Last edited:

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hi Barry

I've just clicked No. 4 - Animals and it is just a jumble of letters - like code. I am using the desktop which is windows Vista and later on I will try it on the laptop which is Excel and will see if it is the same.

I am trying to find out how to make PDF files which anyone should be able to access.

Love

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Strange

Hi Helen,

Thanks for the feedback I have also downloaded it again into my Windows 2000 and it was all OK, although a friend of mine has had the same problem as you with her Vista system could be there just not compatible, but I will be interested to know about PDF files as they confound me at the moment

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hi Barry

As soon as I find out about the PDF files I will let you know in the most 'user friendly' way that I can:)

I did find something about making PDF files on an Adobe site but I will have to do a lot of fiddling and faddling before I sort it out:confused:

I hope you have a good day:)

Love

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hi Barry

I've just tried the puzzles on Excel and it just gets me into Works Word and there are some words there but not a puzzle.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Helen and Barry...

I've had a look and they open fine for me in Microsft Word...(And I have Vista).

Don't know if this info is of any help to you or not!

Love xx

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005
Helen,

Sorry that link did not work as I had to be a member of some sort of Adobe thing to access it - so that's not really an easy option.

Adobe makes the software to read PDF's free, but sells the software to create them.

I've just had a look for some free PDF creation software. A word of warning here, I do not recommend using Google to search for free software! You could very easily download something that could be harmful to your computer.

I tend to use a reputable site like cnet Downloads, where software is checked to be free of things like spyware:

http://download.cnet.com/windows/

Some of the software on this site is free for trial period and some of it is free (so called freeware).

I found and tried a programme called PrimoPDF for creating PDF's if it is of interest to anybody (use at your own risk):

http://download.cnet.com/PrimoPDF/3000-10743_4-10264577.html?tag=mncol

I think Said also said that Barry had access through the Alzheimer's Forum to someone who could produce PDF's for him.

I had problems reading the Word documents as the margins on the text boxes obscured the letters. I clicked on the puzzle, then accessed Format > Object, clicked on the Text Box tab and then changed the left and right margins from .25cm tp .15cm.

I'm attaching the Animals puzzle (which was very enjoyable) PDF that I created using PrimoPDF as a reference.

Thanks,

Sandy

P.S. - Perhaps when this is all worked out we can re-start this thread with just the links to the puzzles?

Attachments

• No 4 Word puzzle Animals.pdf
    58.2 KB · Views: 937

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Re Word Puzzles

So you all know my Puzzles are all formatted using (Microsoft Words Document)

Also like Sandy I do have (Adobe reader 8) but I can’t produce any documents as PDF files in the system only read them, I think the problems are all coming down to computer systems compatibility, but I completely agree we do need to try and sort it out as from what I see the Puzzles are already getting a lot of views and maybe Sandy is right once we get it all sorted out we re-start the thread afresh.

In the mean time people can also take this link direct into the Alzheimer’s Form puzzle page:
http://www.alzheimersforum.org/site/scripts/documents.php?categoryID=10

Or this link to the Alzheimer’s Forum Home page and go into the Multimedia section:
www.alzheimersforum.org