Won't get out of the bath

Anna40Anna

May 13, 2015
Hi there,
My Dad has fronto-temporal dementia, diagnosed a year ago, he's still mobile but deteriorating quickly. This evening he refused to get out of the bath (didn't or couldn't respond) . He has a carer for an hour each evening and this is the first time there's been a problem getting out. In the end, after quite a while Mum and the carer gave him a trickle of cold water to encourage him out. He's less responsive to what we say now, and if his brain isn't processing instructions, what should they try when this happens again? I feel this could be the start of him losing mobility and it would be helpful to know how others have handled this. Thanks.

Bill Owen

Feb 17, 2014
BRIDGEND
Chaie seat for the bath

hi there,
my dad has fronto-temporal dementia, diagnosed a year ago, he's still mobile but deteriorating quickly. This evening he refused to get out of the bath (didn't or couldn't respond) . He has a carer for an hour each evening and this is the first time there's been a problem getting out. In the end, after quite a while mum and the carer gave him a trickle of cold water to encourage him out. He's less responsive to what we say now, and if his brain isn't processing instructions, what should they try when this happens again? I feel this could be the start of him losing mobility and it would be helpful to know how others have handled this. Thanks.

ask the s/worker for a chair bath. That fits into the bath gos up and down . This will make him come up then you beable to lift him out