Won't get out of the bath

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by Anna40Anna, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Anna40Anna

Anna40Anna Registered User

May 13, 2015
    Hi there,
    My Dad has fronto-temporal dementia, diagnosed a year ago, he's still mobile but deteriorating quickly. This evening he refused to get out of the bath (didn't or couldn't respond) . He has a carer for an hour each evening and this is the first time there's been a problem getting out. In the end, after quite a while Mum and the carer gave him a trickle of cold water to encourage him out. He's less responsive to what we say now, and if his brain isn't processing instructions, what should they try when this happens again? I feel this could be the start of him losing mobility and it would be helpful to know how others have handled this. Thanks.

2. Caroleca

Caroleca Registered User

Jan 11, 2014
    Ontario canada
    Usually getting them in the bath is more of a problem. Don't have the answe but thought I would respond to bump your post.:confused:
    Carole

3. jeany123

jeany123 Registered User

Mar 24, 2012
    Durham
  4. Bill Owen

Bill Owen Registered User

Feb 17, 2014
    BRIDGEND
    Chaie seat for the bath

ask the s/worker for a chair bath. That fits into the bath gos up and down . This will make him come up then you beable to lift him out