Wondering about at all hours.

ronyork

Apr 28, 2015
Hunts
This is a problem I now have. Last night I was awakened by loud music at 2,30, Thinking it was neighbours (unusual) Ilooked outside and then realized it was our radio, Audrey had wondered about and had turned the radio on. Will have to isolate the radio as I do with the oven and hotplate. Oh dear keeps the mind active. Who else has these problems?

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I think its very common ron.
The first time I spent the night with mum it was like a whole new world :eek:

Then in the morning she obviously had absolutely no memory of all the night-time shenanigans and told me that she had slept extremely well!! Really????!!!!!!

Long-Suffering

Jul 6, 2015
Yep. My dad gets up at least once any time between 1am and 6am. I think the record so far is 7 times in one night. He packs away his bed, wanders round the house and starts shouting for my mum. Sometimes if he is on antibiotics or steroids, he'll do really weird things like hit things with his walking stick, walk around naked or put on 10 T-shirts or my mum's clothes. We are just thankful he so far hasn't tried to do anything with the gas cooker or heater. My mum hides the door keys so he can't get out and go wandering in the street. You don't get much sleep when you are caring for my dad.

Good luck.

LS

balloo

Sep 21, 2013
northamptonshire
Yep. My dad gets up at least once any time between 1am and 6am. I think the record so far is 7 times in one night. He packs away his bed, wanders round the house and starts shouting for my mum. Sometimes if he is on antibiotics or steroids, he'll do really weird things like hit things with his walking stick, walk around naked or put on 10 T-shirts or my mum's clothes. We are just thankful he so far hasn't tried to do anything with the gas cooker or heater. My mum hides the door keys so he can't get out and go wandering in the street. You don't get much sleep when you are caring for my dad.

Good luck.

LS

my MIL has started to roam at night again ,she was put on night tablest ,we were then told to double up now they doing now thing so waiting on a call from dr on Thursday see if he any other ideas . mil never knows what time it is so confusing any you are right carers get no sleep.

Long-Suffering

Jul 6, 2015
Hi Balloo,

When my dad first started doing it about a year ago, the GP gave him sleeping tablets for a week. They worked, but then the GP wouldn't give him any more b/c dad had COPD and emphysema and I think the doc thought long-term use would be dangerous. Dad getting up early wouldn't be so bad if he could occupy himself, but of course as soon as he's awake he's off looking for mum and she gets little sleep. I should be more tolerant of her rages as she is always so sleep deprived.

LS

Linbrusco

Mar 4, 2013
Auckland...... New Zealand
My parents live behind our house.
According to Dad Mum wakes anywhere from 3am, getting up, going through to the lounge switching lights on, checking her whiteboard as to whats happening that day. Going to the loo, going back to her whiteboard to check again.
She looks out the curtains to see if our light is on as that is often her cue to get up for the day.
Thankfully she goes back to bed, but if she wakes early at 3am, often by 5am she is asking Dad to make her coffee.
At her latest checkup Mum said she slept very very well.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbertm