Withheld calls

platanthera

May 1, 2015
I am thinking of getting a Truecall or other phone blocker for my mother, as she is showing signs of confusion over which calls are genuine and which are scams.

What bothers me is that a number of legitimate people and organisations use withheld numbers, e.g. the council, her doctor etc, and I'm afraid these might not get through. Also, if she were to phone NHS111, whether they would be able to call her back. Is there any way to get around this problem?

Also, is Truecall easy to use? She easily gets muddled by technology and also finds it very difficult to learn to use new things. Or is there something simpler that would also be effective?

Many thanks

CucumberWhisky

Sep 23, 2015
Surrey
Hi there. I'm new to this as I've never written on any site before, but I had to let you know how I've got on with our BT Advanced call blocker.

I bought ours a year ago and I have to say it's fantastic. All the numbers in your contacts come straight through, and you can have VIP ones too, so that the doctor, dentist, care agency, friends, family, etc. are highlighted. International calls can be blocked (very useful for us as we were getting quite a few last year). Unless callers go through the procedure and say who is calling then they won't get through. If your mother rang NHS111 if you can remind her to tell them she has a phone with call blocker then hopefully it should solve the problem. I would have a look at the BT website and try to find the user guide to see it any phone with a call blocker would be suitable for your mum.

I wouldn't want to be without ours.

I hope this helps you a little bit. Good luck!