Wish Me Luck

Nebiroth

Aug 20, 2006
Others on here will probably be aware of my ongoing battles with my dad's paranoid delusions...

Although we seem to have passed the extreme crisis point of last week, he still has bizarre ideas about our neighbours and is convinced they are against us and doing things to the house.

An example: we noticed a shrub had sprouted from our roof the other day, it's been there ages - not uncommon, seeds get carried there in bird droppings and take root. Anyway we decided to ask a builder friend to remove it.

Dad instantly claimed that the neighbours had sneaked up onto our roof (two story house, right on the top!) and planted the shrub there to cause damage because they hate us.

When challenged (the neighbours really borrowed a big ladder, risked their lives to go onto the roof, to plant a shrub which then sprouted and grew in a week, all without anyone noticing?)

"Oh yes, anyway, I heard them on our roof the other night so I know that is what happened".

Anyway, mum and I are seeing our GP tomorrow (mum has a problem with her eyes so we have a ready made excuse).

Let's hope that we can get something done, and that dad doesn't work out what has happened.

Wish me luck...

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Good luck, Nebiroth!

I do hope the doctor has some solution to your problems. It must be so hard to cope with all this paranoia. Not nice for your dad, either, to feel that people are ganging up on him.

Let us know how you get on,

Love,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I wish you luck with all my heart, Nebiroth.

I have had some challenging behaviour to contend with, but nothing on the level of your fathers.

All the same it has been very upsetting for me, and I know my husband has been very frightened.

Your father must be in turmoil as he battles every day. With what, we are not in a position to know.

I do hope the GP will offer some help. It can`t come a moment too soon for you all.

Love xx

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
I am really pleased you have an appointment.

Tell the GP everything and stress how this is affecting you all.........don't hold back, stress that you are worried about the consequences of him knowing you have been talking about him because of what happened last time.

It may feel liking telling tales........that's how we felt with Mum, but it has to be done so he can get the help he needs to feel safe and calm.

The GP can only do what's best for you all by knowing the full story.

I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

My very best wishes for a good outcome for you.

Kathleen
xx

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Nebiroth, without hesitation I wish you luck.

You remind me of the saying about 'making your own luck'.... and I so admire your efforts and stamina to achieve the best for your mum and dad, never mind yourself. No, no-one would wish dementia on their worst enemy but having been 'cursed' with that kind of bad luck you epitomise someone who strives to change that luck.

That you have managed to 'engineer' an appointment is all credit to you. And mum's eyes are not an excuse, but a reason .....

Positive thoughts as well as wishes coming your way .....

Love, Karen, x

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Nebiroth,
Wishing you the best of luck with the GP appointment. I do hope that your mum has nothing to serious with her eyes. Hopefully, something will be done about your dad's paranoia as I know how frustrating it can be. Best Wishes. Taffy.

Nebiroth

Aug 20, 2006
Got back from the doc, he was really very nice. Was visibly annoyed that the CPN hasn't been regularly monitoring our situation and has said he will arrange for her to call ASAP. She is a lovely lady, but seriously overloaded with work.

He has also increased dad's dose of Quitiapine by another 50mg daily, four pills in the morning and five at night.

And mum has an appointment at the eye hospital.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hi Nebiroth,

Is the increased medication expected to control the paranoia? I don`t know very much about it, apart from seeing it mentioned on the Forum occasionally.

I hope your mothers appointment helps her eye condition.

Love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Good news, Nebiroth. It makes so much difference when someone takes notice of the problems.

Let's hope the increased dose makes things easier for your father, and the hospital manage to sort out your mum's eyes.

A very successful visit, well done.