Wish me luck!

skaface

Jul 18, 2011
Ramsgate
I'm just off to pick my mum up to have her CT scan.

She had an appointment for when I was away on holiday so I phoned up and cancelled on the understanding that another might take up to six weeks which suited as I could then plan for it.

I rang mum on Friday to check up on her while I was in Cornwall and she was slightly panicked "I've got a hospital appointment tomorrow" - unlikely, but I asked her to tell me the date on the letter - 1st October. All fine and dandy and on my return to work on Monday I arranged for the day off to take her yesterday.

Only when I rang her on Monday she denied all knowledge - she said she knew about her GP appointment on Thursday (news to me) but didn't have a hospital appointment on the Tuesday. So I drove over to see if I could find the letter but it's probably in her handbag and I won't go into that if she doesn't want me to and she didn't.

I rang the appointments team when I got home - no answer, so I rang first thing on Tuesday saying I thought she had an appointment that day and yes, she did, and yes, it was now and she'd missed it. They asked if I wanted another appointment and I said yes please but could they let me know as well as mum so I could prepare. I work full time and it's just not feasible for me to drop everything to take her to doctors/hospital at a day's notice.

The receptionist went off to "sort out a form" for me but when she came back on the line she asked me if I could bring mum in tonight at 7.15 for her scan so I will take her tonight. She still forgot it, which I have accepted. She also has a psychiatrist appointment on 4 November, I have told her it's to discuss the results of the scan, but she won't like seeing a psych!

skaface

Jul 18, 2011
Ramsgate
Thank you!

It went off OK - she tends to behave herself in front of strangers so it was fine.

Home now with a dirty great takeaway as I haven't eaten since this morning. Tomorrow I have to take her to the GP for yet another blood test, more fun!