Windy weather

Moggymad

May 12, 2017
Same here no dementia but already the wind is causing rattling on the roof which always makes me uneasy due to potential damage.

Pepp3r

May 22, 2020
Hi, same here no dementia but yes I feel very uneasy when I can hear the wind. Being outside in it I'm fine !!

Lilac Blossom

Oct 6, 2014
Scotland
Same here - I always dread high winds and can't sleep until weather settles a bit. Let's hope Dudley doesn't last long and no power cuts please (I am all electric).

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
Its been very windy here today and I'm constantly checking my fence because of my little dog. I had to go out earlier as my wheelie bin had taken flight.

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
There's quite a noise outside now! How is it for those in other parts of the country - I'm in Essex. I imagine it's worse further north. A bit frightening - I hope our big tree doesn't come down!

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
When I was a teacher, we dreaded windy days as the kids would always be ‘ratty’ after playtime. Outdoor cats can also get quite flighty in windy weather.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
I agree - my cats hate it.

I live in a small modern boxy house but when we get a storm, the wind whistles round the rafters as if it was an old haunted mansion... Which I quite like, as long as the roof is still there in the morning.

Eunice looks worse on Friday - weather man said 'could be the worst storm for decades.' Plus a heap of snow in Scotland...

Lilac Blossom

Oct 6, 2014
Scotland
(Quote)
Eunice looks worse on Friday - weather man said 'could be the worst storm for decades.' Plus a heap of snow in Scotland...

I have just heard a weather report on TV saying that now that Dudley has died down we must be prepared for Eunice! Well here in north Scotland Dudley is still loudly making presence felt, lots of damage to property, trees, etc and still fearsome gusts. Forecast worse storm (Eunice) to come so no sleep tonight again - being on my own I dread this!

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
A good friend of mine is called Eunice - she is getting a lot of jokey comments at the moment!

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
It's not too bad here near Cambridge right now the garden fence is holding up and it's pretty old. I am hoping it won't be worse tomorrow ?.

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
(Quote)

I have just heard a weather report on TV saying that now that Dudley has died down we must be prepared for Eunice! Well here in north Scotland Dudley is still loudly making presence felt, lots of damage to property, trees, etc and still fearsome gusts. Forecast worse storm (Eunice) to come so no sleep tonight again - being on my own I dread this!
My daughter is in Edinburgh I'll have to ask her what it's like there. She's pretty used to the snow as has lived there several years.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
(Quote)

Sounds awful. I don’t think there has been as much damage this time in Dundee area as there was with the other recent storms. Just now we have beautiful sunshine and a moderate wind. Not sure that will last though. Looks like Eunice may bring snow here tomorrow!

Stay safe.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
10:00 tomorrow, Bristol channel and Lizard forecast a battering.
2022-02-17_102127.png

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
That’s me on the south coast!
You can play around with the map scale and play or freeze time line at bottom to zero in where you live. Hover to show gust speed, left click to show location.
Site slow to load, suspect it's being heavily used.

Last edited: