Windy weather

Lilac Blossom

Oct 6, 2014
Scotland
Being far north Scotland on North Sea coast I can hear the sea roaring, wind gusting and hailstones/sleet battering the windows. Tides are especially high justnow so there will be damage along the coastline.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
O2 roof hasn't made its silver jubilee
https://api.parliament.uk/historic-hansard/written-answers/1999/feb/01/millennium-dome-life-span .

2022-02-18_165633.png

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
I think it's just calmed down here - I'm in the same area as @MaNaAk . I've been keeping a watchful eye on the large Leylandii at the end of the garden - I have visions of it hitting the roof! My Mum planted it about 40 years ago, not knowing what it was! We've had to regularly have it topped and now it is a big fat shape rather than tall and thin. I quite like it so I'm reluctant to have it taken down and besides it would be expensive.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Its still quite gusty here, but the worst is definitely over. Tomorrow I will have to go and inspect the garden, see what damage there is and work out how to get rid of the corrugated iron! (unless someone wants it back!!)
There are loads of seagulls wheeling around - I expect they were all blown inland.

Roman223

Dec 29, 2020
(Quote)
Eunice looks worse on Friday - weather man said 'could be the worst storm for decades.' Plus a heap of snow in Scotland...

I have just heard a weather report on TV saying that now that Dudley has died down we must be prepared for Eunice! Well here in north Scotland Dudley is still loudly making presence felt, lots of damage to property, trees, etc and still fearsome gusts. Forecast worse storm (Eunice) to come so no sleep tonight again - being on my own I dread this!

Roman223

Dec 29, 2020
(Quote)
Eunice looks worse on Friday - weather man said 'could be the worst storm for decades.' Plus a heap of snow in Scotland...

I have just heard a weather report on TV saying that now that Dudley has died down we must be prepared for Eunice! Well here in north Scotland Dudley is still loudly making presence felt, lots of damage to property, trees, etc and still fearsome gusts. Forecast worse storm (Eunice) to come so no sleep tonight again - being on my own I dread this!
I'm the same! I dread it being so windy. I'm on my own with my 2 cats but get very scared at nightime. The wind is so loud and blows through the curtains and I imagine an object will smash the window. I will be relieved when it dies down ...

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I thought it might be, it mentions road closed at High St where M&S might be and you can see M&S out of your window.

I found the article because Southend excerpt was chosen in Essex Live.
I often go round
https://news.google.com/showcase?hl=en-GB&gl=GB&ceid=GB:en. to see what's happening around the country.
Actually it's an M & S garage near me and the M & S store is at the bottom of the High Street which is really about twenty minutes walk.

MaNaAk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pescobar