Windy weather

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
The dogs and I will just stay indoors and wait and see what happens, keeping our paws and fingers crossed that the roof stays on!

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
The dogs and I will just stay indoors and wait and see what happens, keeping our paws and fingers crossed that the roof stays on!
Just like the sheep in Wales!
54304013-10521289-image-m-55_1645084105832.jpg

Banjomansmate

Jan 13, 2019
Dorset
I shredded up a load of garden prunings ‘cos tomorrow is garden bin collection day. I don’t know if they will come and collect or if my bin will still be outside my house if they do turn up! I’ve put it in the shelter of my neighbour’s hedge alongside hers and hope for the best.

Love the sheep!?

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
My brothers family were visiting tomorrow, but very sensibly have cancelled. We’re in the East Midlands so it hasn’t been too bad, but still very windy and lots of heavy showers.
I’m another one who found windy weather really affected school children.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
We're getting pretty strong gusts where we are but later on as, using @nitram s link it starts in SW moves up to west Wales and then North Wales the wirral and west Lancashire get battered.

Son was meant to be going out with his mates tomorrow as can inset day but they've provisionally cancelled. They might still go but the cinema instead of the shops

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Not looking forward to going out to work at half past 6 tomorrow morning, but has to be done. C never actually notices windy weather, but she hates the cold. At least she will be warm and safe in her nursing home.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i remember those days. i like my big bedroom window open but i think i might have to close it a bit tonight. my neighbour has a trampoline in their garden not fastened down so that tends to move in the wind.

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
Wind kept me off my bike today and that is what makes me restless. A turbo session is not the same. Knight gets excited by wind. My wife used to love it.
There's a window in the weather so the dog and I have made it to the pub. The Snow moon is high but hazy behind the clouds. I have a pint of Avalanche which may be apt for the coming storm.

Last edited:

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Wind kept me off my bike today and that is what makes me restless. A turbo session is not the same. Knight gets excited by wind. My wife used to love it.
There's a window in the weather so the dog and I have made it to the pub. The Snow moon is high but hazy behind the clouds. I have a pint of Avalanche which may be apt for the coming storm.
Can't see it tonight sadly.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Can't see it tonight sadly.

MaNaAk

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Not in Dundee. It’s very windy and wet just now. On the radio I hear that Glasgow and a lot of the Central region has snow. Also Drumochter seems to be bad - to be expected. My BBC weather app is saying heavy snow for us but no sign of it yet. ❄️