Windows XP

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Is anyone having problems staying connected using Windows XP? I have been disconnected twice this morning.
I am currently using Windows Vista and so far so good, but what I consider my main computer, is out of action.

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Hi Sylvia, I'm on vista and I go through periods of being booted off the internet. Not sure what it is: weather, atmosphere? If it gets really problematic I reboot the hub and it seems to clear. Strangely, Will hardly ever gets his connection broken, but he is upstairs and I'm quite a distance from the hub. I wonder if distance plays a part in it?

Hope you get back online on your main set up soon

Vx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m playing `Musical Computers` at the moment. First one goes, then the other, and I`m backwards and forwards between the two.

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
When you say one goes, then the other - you mean they lose the link?

If that is the case it seems likely that it is the connection, not the PCs that are the problem.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It is the connection Bruce becaus I get a blue screen full of white writing saying there is a fault and so nothing is lost I will be disconnected.

Anyway I`ve been on XP for a good hour now without being disconnected.

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Sylvia, it must be catching. I've been disconnected several times this evening :confused:

Hope your connection has settled down now

Vx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
My connections on both computers have settled Vonny, thanks. It`s reassuring it isn`t only me, although I wouldn`t wish it on anyone and certainly not you.

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Hi Sylvia,

I use Windows XP and all I can say is that since the AS website went onto its new system I’ve not been able to get into the website as it keeps closing down, and I’m starting to have the same problem with the TP website? But have been lucky today as this is the first time I’ve been able to view it in the past week, its really frustrating as I wanted to download the September issue of Living with Dementia to see who won the poem competition but I cant even do that now, anybody know who where the winners??
Barry

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Don't know if it's my imagination but everything seems to be taking longer to load since the changes on the site.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hi Barry

The winners were:

Lesley Perrins - The grace of elephants
Peter C. Jackson - Under the Comet
Miranda Howle - Sunlit Moments

It is always good to see you Barry and hope the connection gets sorted soon.

Love