Windows 7

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
I received my new laptop yesterday (my old one finally gave up the ghost). It has Windows 7 installed, and I'm struggling to get to grips with it, and a new keyboard, which has irritating differences from my old one. But at least the spacebar doesn't stick, and I can see all the screen!:)

My biggest problem though is that I've managed to connect it to my home hub, and access the internet wirelessly. But it won't link to my PC, and therefore to my printer. It seems to only link to other Windows 7 computers. This is very annoying, I don't want to upgrade my PC at the moment.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thanks Jennifer, it does sound like the same problem.

My printer is connected to my PC, which Windows 7 doesn't recognise. I need to try connecting it directly to the hub and see if that works. But not tonight, I'm shattered.

Doesn't solve the problem of transferring files wirelessly, though.

I've just found another problem. Brain training is impossible on my laptop. It has one of these fancy multi-gesture touchpads -- perishing nuisance, it keeps sending me back a page!

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Actually that forum has a whole bunch of posts from people unable to network their printers. The way you fix it seems to relate directly to the version of windows running on the PC, the type of printer you have, and whether there's a R in the month :confused:

This is definitely something for when you're fresh I think.

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
Hi Hazel,

these problems usually relate to problems with drivers. When a new operating system comes out they are always short on a few drivers, particularly for the older devices. The printer company should provide the newer drivers on their website or give them a call if you can handle call centres - definitely need to be relaxed for that one!

Good luck with Windows 7, can't wait to upgrade and get rid of vista, no end of headaches with vista, enough to bring even the smartest geek to tears.

Kind Regards
Craig

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thanks Craig.

Well, it's all working perfectly now. I've managed to ponnect with my PC, and transfer some of my precious files to my laptop. But please don't ask me how, I honestly have no idea. All I know is, it works, and that's all I care about.

I love Windows 7, it's so fast, and easy once you get the hangs of the documents menus.

My only problem now is that the shift button is smaller than \i'm used to, and \i keep hitting \.:eek: