wills

zan

Jan 4, 2006
staffordshire
Just wondered if anyone knows a formal message that should be written on a note attached to money given to someone in a will. I'm executor and have to send cheques out. I think there should be a message to go with them but nothing I can think of writing seems right. I've never had to do it before or received anything so I'm stuck but don't want to offend anyone with a message that isn't right. sorry for being a worrier , Zan

Michael E

Apr 14, 2005
Ronda Spain
Zan hi,

How strange - I had the same worry when I 'did' my mums will - a while ago now - I ended up with..

dear X

Enclosed the cheque for £x which Eileen left to you in her will,

with best wishes

Michael

Really does not seem 'right' to express any personal sentiments in the situation -I wonder what lawyers write???

Michael

Sally

Mar 16, 2004
London
Hi Zan,

This is something I have never thought about but which happens every day. I expect that lawyers go down a very unemotional route writing something like 'As a beneficiary of X's Will, please find enclosed...'

Sally
x x

zan

Jan 4, 2006
staffordshire
Thanks Michael and Sally, Think I'll go for Michael's note and add hope you are well. It's a funny sort of situation, but those people I would like to add a personnal message to are those that I will speak with anyway. Zan