1. lolly65

lolly65 Registered User

Aug 29, 2017
    Hello everyone, I am currently waiting for my cop,1,from the courts to come through, moving forward how can imget my mum to make a will, as she has now loet the capacity, will my deputyship be enough to do this ? Any advice woild be greatly appreciated, thank you.

2. canary

canary Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Female
    South coast
    No, Im afraid your mum has to make her own decision about a will - no-one (not even a deputy) can make that decision for for her. Im afraid that as she has lost capacity she can no longer make a will.

3. lolly65

lolly65 Registered User

Aug 29, 2017
    Ok thank you for the advice, I did think that but wanted to make sure, doesn't get easier does it......

4. Kevinl

Kevinl Registered User

Aug 24, 2013
    Salford
  5. canary

canary Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Female
    South coast
    Gosh, I didnt know about that.
    Thank you @Kevinl

The other alternative is for them to die intestate, which means that as they dont have a will their assets are divided up according to strict legal oder

6. Bod

Bod Registered User

Aug 30, 2013
  7. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
    The court will only allow a statuary will when the intestacy rules are, in its opinion, inadequate.

Maybe somebody unrelated who had lived with the decease for many decades and perhaps now caring for them during a long term illness.

8. Kevinl

Kevinl Registered User

Aug 24, 2013
    Salford