William is very unwell again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
lady A , what can I say ...nothing, I wish I knew what to say but we understand ((((hugggsss)))))

pony-mad

May 23, 2014
Mid-Wales
Sending love and strength.
As Chick says, just because we know what is coming doesn't make the reality any easier to bear. Hope William is peaceful. Love G

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Why do the laundry?. Because it's there!.... And while you are doing that, you are doing something.
Lady A, I'm lying here in my bed while OH walks the dog,looking out ( for once) at blue skies and green hills . We are away in Scotland for the weekend, but my thoughts and prayers are with you and William while you wait for what is to come. love to you both...Maureen x x

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I dreamed that William came home from the nursing home for the weekend. And he could walk around. And he spent the weekend eating salad sandwiches because he was starving (there's a bit of a cucumber glut!) and could go to the loo by himself. And I was thinking in the dream - "Maybe it's just that they aren't giving him the right food, what he likes, in the nursing home. That's all is wrong. I'll have to tell them to give him salad sandwiches." Took a couple of minutes after I woke up to realise that it had just been a dream. Apart from anything else, William hated salad sandwiches.

starryuk

Nov 8, 2012
Oh ladyA I am sorry.

Isn't it strange that we can know something logically and yet still not be able to believe it and how our innermost feelings come out in odd dreams.

I hope your William remains peaceful today.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I dreamed that William came home from the nursing home for the weekend. And he could walk around. And he spent the weekend eating salad sandwiches because he was starving (there's a bit of a cucumber glut!) and could go to the loo by himself. And I was thinking in the dream - "Maybe it's just that they aren't giving him the right food, what he likes, in the nursing home. That's all is wrong. I'll have to tell them to give him salad sandwiches." Took a couple of minutes after I woke up to realise that it had just been a dream. Apart from anything else, William hated salad sandwiches.

Lady A, when Pete was very ill in his CH I posted that I had a dream where Pete didn't have AD-he had 'locked in syndrome'! He was perfectly aware that 'I' had put him in a CH and could understand everything what was being said-he just couldn't communicate.

I think this type of dream is fairly common for Carers; there is so much emotion swirling round at these times it's bound to impact on our sleep/dreams-and yes, it does take a while to realise that it was just a dream not reality.

Wishing you peace and strength

Love

Lyn T XX

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Lady A, when Pete was very ill in his CH I posted that I had a dream where Pete didn't have AD-he had 'locked in syndrome'! He was perfectly aware that 'I' had put him in a CH and could understand everything what was being said-he just couldn't communicate.

I think this type of dream is fairly common for Carers; there is so much emotion swirling round at these times it's bound to impact on our sleep/dreams-and yes, it does take a while to realise that it was just a dream not reality.

Wishing you peace and strength

Love

Lyn T XX
Yes, Lyn, I remember you posting that. I suppose it is bound to happen that we dream about them at this time.

I'm off to the nursing home now. This afternoon, there's a gathering of my extended family at a cousin's house. Uncles, aunts, cousins. We had decided at my godmother's funeral in April (or was it May?) that we really had to have get togethers that weren't at funerals - because with the older generation dying out, we would be meeting less often, and eventually not at all. Which would be a shame. So we wanted to have a happy gathering, not at a funeral. And today's the day of the first such get together. Good thing we didn't postpone it because a couple of cousins can't make it! I'm not sure if I can face it or not though. I don't want to face the inevitable "How's William?" question. But my mum is depending on me to bring her. We'll see. Might go for a short while.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I got a black dress for the funeral. Could only get a short sleeve, so I got a black cardi with a cream edging too, cos we've had such a cold Summer, I haven't worn a short sleeve top at all!

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
William seemed quite lucid at times today. He can't talk, but certainly seemed very aware of me, and his eyes were clear at times. The suction machine was beside his bed, so they must have been clearing his throat & mouth.

I did stop in to the family gathering at my cousin's house after all, just for half an hour or so. I felt I better get something to eat anyway, and I may as well do it there. Yes, I cried all over people - first one of my cousins and then my brother. But I did eat some sausages and a burger (years and years since I ate a burger!) and then a small piece of pavlova. Feel utterly, utterly sick now! And completely exhausted. So I'm going to have another cup of "Night Time" tea and go to bed early.

thebes

Feb 10, 2014
London
Just caught up with how things are with you, and am sending loving thoughts and prayers to support you both as these days slowly go by. I was glad to read about how well the staff are doing their bit, and that your dear William is at ease. I hope you find a way of relaxing a bit, and getting some sleep, and hope you have a peaceful night.

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
William seemed quite lucid at times today. He can't talk, but certainly seemed very aware of me, and his eyes were clear at times. The suction machine was beside his bed, so they must have been clearing his throat & mouth.

I did stop in to the family gathering at my cousin's house after all, just for half an hour or so. I felt I better get something to eat anyway, and I may as well do it there. Yes, I cried all over people - first one of my cousins and then my brother. But I did eat some sausages and a burger (years and years since I ate a burger!) and then a small piece of pavlova. Feel utterly, utterly sick now! And completely exhausted. So I'm going to have another cup of "Night Time" tea and go to bed early.

Thinking of you Lady A hope you have a peaceful sleep sending you hugs xx

Status
Not open for further replies.