William is very unwell again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Willing you strength Lady A and a peaceful 'slipping away' for William if his time has come.

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I'm thinking of you Lady A. I hope William remains peaceful, and if it is his time, that he just drifts away. There is little more any of us can ask. xx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
He does sort of focus on me when I lean over him, and he tried to smile. But his mouth is just hanging open. I tried him with a half teaspoon of yogurt. He seemed eager for it, but then it just sat in his mouth. No attempt to swallow at all. The nursing director asked if I wanted subcutaneous fluids given if they can't get anything in by mouth. I said that unless it would make him more comfortable, then no. She said that he is comfortable, and they have everything in place to keep him comfortable. I feel the subcutaneous fluids would just prolong this time when he is slipping into death. I don't want to prolong this for him.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Peace to you both Lady A.

It`s good William isn`t suffering now but everything`s in place if he does.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
As William is peaceful there isn't really any point in adding/changing anything. The Nursing staff will recognise if he is in pain and needs any relief. I know this is very sad for you LadyA but your decision not to do anything to prolong the inevitable is very brave.

Love

Lyn T XX

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Peaceful is good and peaceful is kindness to you both. William will not have any fears and neither should you. Reaching this stage is inevitable. William has his faith to comfort him and you can do nothing more than wait now and hope that he remains peaceful.

We will wait here with you and for you, holding you both close in our hearts and minds.
Take care of yourself. Love Maureen.x.

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
My thoughts are with you LadyA, I have no doubt you made the right decision, for what it's worth. Wishing you both peace. x

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne Paterson