William is very unwell again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
No, it's isn't awful for you to hope William won't fight so hard. It's a hard, hard thing to watch and I know you simply want it to be peaceful for William. Thinking of you.

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
You want the best for William, you always have and this is another way of trying for that best by putting the need for quality over quantity. Not easy, supportive hugs for you xx

nannylondon

Apr 7, 2014
London
I came to the nursing home this morning as I have a researcher coming to the house this afternoon to do two hours of memory /cognitive function tests on me as part of a three year study on the effects of stress on dementia carers.

I got here just before they phoned me to tell me that William is pretty unwell again. He's quite congested, very tired and too weak to be out of bed.

He looks so exhausted, poor love. And so terribly thin and weak. Is it awful to say I hope he doesn't fight too hard this time? :'(

So sorry to hear this Lady A and no it isn't awful.to say that he doesn't fight too hard it's exactly how I feel sending you hugs x

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
My cognitive function tests are over. My head is splitting! But again, my confidence has been boosted - did extremely well! :)

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Sorry to hear that William is so unwell thinking of you both x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Thanks all. I was going to go back in this evening - but I found I was so tired after the tests, I just have done nothing! I'm due to work in the morning, and will go after that, unless I hear from the nursing home in the meantime.

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Just catching up, LadyA, and so sorry to read your news. What you wish for William is what I would also wish for Fred. Please take care of yourself. Love. Verityxx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Thanks all. I was going to go back in this evening - but I found I was so tired after the tests, I just have done nothing! I'm due to work in the morning, and will go after that, unless I hear from the nursing home in the meantime.

Lady A, you must try to pace yourself so I'm relieved to hear that you are doing just that:) The NH will know to phone you if you are needed. Try to have an early night?

Love

Lyn T XX

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Glad you did so well in the tests - most reassuring:):). Hope you can get some good sleep tonight knowing William is being well cared for. You need to keep your strength up.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Sorry a bit late catching up on your thread but so sorry to hear about William, I'm sure we can all sympathise with your wish, he's been through so much. Thinking about you. Big hug. x

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Gigglemore

Oct 18, 2013
British Isles
Hoping you find William peaceful and comfortable. Difficult emotions, but we know that you want the best for William and do not want him to endure any more suffering. Take care..

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
He is peaceful. He is comfortable. But the nursing director had left word to send me up to her when I arrived for a chat. She said she thinks William is just starting to slip away. He has that faraway look. And he isn't "ill " - no infection or anything like that. Just terribly weak, and looks like he's ready to go. I honestly hope it doesn't go on for weeks.

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
He is peaceful. He is comfortable. But the nursing director had left word to send me up to her when I arrived for a chat. She said she thinks William is just starting to slip away. He has that faraway look. And he isn't "ill " - no infection or anything like that. Just terribly weak, and looks like he's ready to go. I honestly hope it doesn't go on for weeks.

Oh my dear. Just caught up with you here. Wish I knew how to comfort you. Never easy, this wait and see thing. You know we're all here to hold you up. Come for comfort as often as you need, LadyA.

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside

I'm so sorry & I hope he stays peaceful. Love & hugs xx

Status
Not open for further replies.