William is very unwell again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I came to the nursing home this morning as I have a researcher coming to the house this afternoon to do two hours of memory /cognitive function tests on me as part of a three year study on the effects of stress on dementia carers.

I got here just before they phoned me to tell me that William is pretty unwell again. He's quite congested, very tired and too weak to be out of bed.

He looks so exhausted, poor love. And so terribly thin and weak. Is it awful to say I hope he doesn't fight too hard this time? :'(

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
I came to the nursing home this morning as I have a researcher coming to the house this afternoon to do two hours of memory /cognitive function tests on me as part of a three year study on the effects of stress on dementia carers.

I got here just before they phoned me to tell me that William is pretty unwell again. He's quite congested, very tired and too weak to be out of bed.

He looks so exhausted, poor love. And so terribly thin and weak. Is it awful to say I hope he doesn't fight too hard this time? :'(

I remember when you started that testing last year, LadyA. Really dreadfully sorry to hear about your hubby. It's a tough one watching them struggle. Love and hugs to you both, xxxx

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
No lady a it isn't awful, it's wishing the best for William.There is only so much one body can take but some people just keep on fighting. To me it's the ultimate love, but I realise there are others who won't agree.
Thinking of you and hoping for the best outcome whatever that should be

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Well, his BP is good, his oxygen saturation level is 99%,which is excellent, he has no temperature, which is good. But he looks so much like someone who is on the way out.

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
So sorry to hear this Lady A. And no, it's not bad to hope for William to find peace.

Thinking of you :)

Lindy xx

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Thinking of you and William, LadyA, and hoping that whatever happens William is peaceful and not suffering.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Lady A, I'm very sorry to read the news about William; whatever is causing the congestion I hope he is comfortable.

Love

Lyn T XX

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
The congestion may be caused by his lack of movement too...fluid settles on the lungs. Medics used to call pneumonia " Old Man's Friend", helping a patient out of their suffering before something worse came along.
These incidents for William are so draining for him and, similarly for my Mum, each one took longer to recover from and each time the bounce back was lessened in time and effect.

What will be....I just hope that it is quick and painless when it does finally arrive...William and you have suffered enough.
Thinking of you both...Maureen.x.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabream