William has gone

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Lady A, I am very sorry to hear William died suddenly, and hope that his slipping away peacefully in his sleep will bring you comfort. You must be in shock, so much to do will carry you through at present. I wish you continued strength through now and the time ahead.

Sending my deepest sympathy and love
Loo xxx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Very good choice of poem especially as all those "wants" he got from you in abundance.

Oh I don't know about that.
It's more about all the petty things we want and especially the things we sometimes pray for, that aren't really that important. But the things mentioned in the poem, when you think about it, are truly priceless.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
It actually wasn't very sudden really loopiloo. I was told on Wednesday last that he was slipping away. And I had already seen it myself. He just took a downturn on Tuesday night. I'm glad for his sake that he didn't linger too long.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Ha! Daughter's travelling jinx strikes again! Her first train was late, so they missed their connection, and so would have missed the ferry at Fishguard. But when they explained the circumstances, the company put her and her friend in a taxi for the five hour journey to Fishguard! So they were hours early for the ferry.

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
So much for you to do when you are already exhausted. Jinx is right, hope you can concentrate on what you need to do in the moment without being overwhelmed. I'm sure you're organised with lots of lists, and do delegate as much as you can.
The hymns are lovely and I love the poem, simple but profound.
Sending you love and a hug and the hope that you can find moments of tranquility in the midst of the grief and busyness.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Sending you my condolences Lady A xx

Wishing you peace and strength in the days ahead

Lindy xx

PS I love the poem :)

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
As always so organised Lady A, better to be busy. I love that poem, I remember the first time you posted it.maybe the true meaning will strike the person who reads it.
Take care of you

Last edited:

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
So lovely of your neighbour ladyA just being there . The poem is lovely and I got a bit emotional reading it. Wishing you strength and courage for the coming days . Xxxxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Kjn

Jul 27, 2013
What a great neighbour, I'm sure you'll have everything organised .
Had to smile at Williams choice of person to read that lovely poem:D
Xxxx

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
You are amazing Lady A: I don't know how you do it. I hope you continue to get all the support you deserve at this challenging time. Your kindness shines through your posts and I am pleased it is being reciprocated by those who are close by.

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Sending supportive hugs to help you through the day. Good to see you are getting support, please make time to eat and drink and sit for the odd breaks of quiet as there is so much to do and you need to keep your strength up. Take care xx

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Just seen your sad news Lady A. So very very sorry, though relieved that he was peaceful at the end.... You have been wonderful. Sending you love and energy for the days ahead.

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
You have me in tears at your bravery. What a lovely poem and the words you quote are coincidentally from the song the choir I sing with chose to sing at our recent concert. This is a choir for cancer sufferers and their supporters so the words were very appropriate then too. I am sure the staff will appreciate it enormously. Your friends and neighbours are supporting you so well too and how about that ferry company. Please try to spend a little time for you too, Alice. I know I haven't been there yet but I would imagIne you will need time to reflect and grieve in between being busy. ThinkIng of you wIth great affection. Verityxx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
:-o
Been on to officialdom. William's state pension has now been stopped. They are sending me out a form to apply for Widow's Pension, which takes "around " six weeks from when they receive the application. There is a "six weeks after death " payment though to tide me over. It will take about six weeks to process.
Jolly good thing my neighbour made so many sandwiches!

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
:-o
Been on to officialdom. William's state pension has now been stopped. They are sending me out a form to apply for Widow's Pension, which takes "around " six weeks from when they receive the application. There is a "six weeks after death " payment though to tide me over. It will take about six weeks to process.
Jolly good thing my neighbour made so many sandwiches!

:eek:

What you supposed to do then.... Notify them 6weeks before you need it?

Bah humbug Bureaucracy

Sandwiches are good.... Hopefully once the pension comes through you will be able to afford something else, as I guess after a time sandwiches get repetitious

Hugs xxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Your mention of your neighbour bringing food and saying there are bound to be visitors reminds me so much of home, in Pembrokeshire - a couple of miles from Fishguard oddly enough!. When my father died the house was full for days with visitors calling in.
Here, when Dave died last year, everyone kept away!

Love the hymns. Your doing so well, Lady A. xxx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Just been catching up with your latest news, LadyA. You've already made good progress. I can't imagine how you must be feeling at present. Love and strength to you and I am so glad you've had support.

I know about the travel gremlin. I've got one of them too. How lovely that your loved ones were helped to get to their destination. Love, peace and strength for the days ahead. If you come up short for a while, you might contact someone like Age Concern or Alzheimer's Society who can push you in the right direction for help whilst you're waiting to be paid. I've had incredible support so far. Don't be ashamed to cry for help if you need it.