Will you 'Do Something New' for Dementia Awareness Week?

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
attachment.php

Because we believe that life doesn't end when dementia begins, and that having dementia doesn't mean stopping doing the things you love and trying new things, we're encouraging all our supporters to #DoSomethingNew this Dementia Awareness Week - from 17-23 May.

attachment.php

Be inspired by Ken, Margaret and Ian to take the first steps towards fulfilling a long-held dream or ambition, or do something simple like trying a new dish from your favourite takeaway.

>Get some ideas here<

We'd love to see what you're doing. :) You can comment below, or join the conversation on our social media pages. You can also read more about Dementia Awareness Week on our website.

Last edited:

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
I am trying to learn Swedish by using an online course. Inspired by Wallendar! Hej and Tak plus numbers 1 to 20 are as far as I've got so far.

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
Hi Serena hope your keeping well, re do something new for dementia week !! Well you know although I have dementia for 16 years I never gave up a thing and alway carried on as thought I didn't have the illness , obviously in some instances I have had a battle / fight with the system and stigma by hay all part of the fun and keeping me on my toes And my brain active , at the moment I'm in Majorca driving my hire car real power house with traction control goes around corners like the F1 drivers "great" Not sure if that's a thing new but up for most challenges epically if they present a bit of danger , I want to hire a motorbike for a couple of days whilst here in Majorca but Wife said No that that one . { ps no travel insurance so that's a new one first time holidaying without it }

Cheers Tony xx

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Hello Tony,

It's lovely to hear from you. I hope the sun in shining in Majorca. :)

You give a great example of living positively with dementia. I hope you enjoy your holiday and those lovely drives by the coast.

Best wishes,

Serena