Will sale of home mean loss of pension credit?

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
Sadly ,interest payable on the savings will come under tax rules as well . Put into an ISA the full amount each tax year to avoid paying tax on the interest but ensure you leave an amount to cover the years care fee in an accessible account to avoid ISA penalty for withdrawals

jackdog35

Aug 21, 2022
Nottingham
She pays £231 per week to the council towards her care costs. They pay the care company the full amount of £1,269 per week. She still has to pay service charges on her flat which are around £90 per week. This leaves her with about £100 a month leftover.
Thanks

maisiecat

Oct 12, 2023
Are you allowed to still get attendance allowance if council is paying fees? I was told by dwp it would stop. Also can I ask if you know how much the council leave your mum with for personal items each week? I’m worried if my mum’s pension and pension credit get taken there won’t be much left for personal things
Attendance allowance is not paid to anyone who has their fees paid fully or partially by local authority. If you are self funding you are still entitled to it and I think often the Care home will apply for it

maisiecat

Oct 12, 2023
The truth is as most of us know is its a dirty old business. My feeling when my husband was placed and he was placed I had no choice in it was LA and SS only interest was how much money they could screw out of us.
My husband didn't get CHC which didn't surprise me as I wouldn't have bothered to apply but some people in the Home who have such enormous needs get turned down.
The second truth is the level of Care home fees. My husband's home is £1800 a week,even during our working life we never had a joint income of £1800 a week.
I hear the policing the marches has cost £30 million and there will be £30 million to fund extra security for MP's. I am afraid the truth is PWD don't count and they and their relatives are just cash cows.

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
The truth is as most of us know is its a dirty old business. My feeling when my husband was placed and he was placed I had no choice in it was LA and SS only interest was how much money they could screw out of us.
My husband didn't get CHC which didn't surprise me as I wouldn't have bothered to apply but some people in the Home who have such enormous needs get turned down.
The second truth is the level of Care home fees. My husband's home is £1800 a week,even during our working life we never had a joint income of £1800 a week.
I hear the policing the marches has cost £30 million and there will be £30 million to fund extra security for MP's. I am afraid the truth is PWD don't count and they and their relatives are just cash cows.
@maisiecat, Maybe it's time carers had marches about the disgraceful financial abuse of these vulnerable people. Sadly, a lot of carers are too exhausted caring to have the energy to fight this battle. Lobby political parties in the run up to the election . We all need to be h.eard

E321

Feb 26, 2024
They have to pay interest on the money already being paid. That could add up to a lot of extra money owed and there are still the fees needed to pay for the flat. Delaying it is cost more money.
Agree. Plus we still have to pay £350 a month service charges on her empty flat