Will I ever get over losing my husband

Rit2

Jun 12, 2023
Reading all these letters is like reading about myself. I am in a miserable hole and cannot bring myselt out of it. My husband died suddenly in May this year, after 11 years of dementia. I would not want to wish him back to suffer anymore, but if i could just visit and give hime a hug it would mean everything. It is the knowing that I will never see him again or talk to him or touch him that is just so difficult to come to terms with. Since he died I have put on a stone in weight because I cannot motivate myself to do anything more than I have to. I have friends and we meet and have lunch sometimes, we talk on the phone and I do try to do things, but nothing can lift my mood. I don't feel that i have a life but it is my own fault. Just can't pull myself together so to speak. I can sympathise with you all.xx
Really understand how you and sadman67 feel. I lost my husband suddenly in May this year. I too am trying to do things and see people but just feel like I am going through the motions and not really enjoying anything. Miss him so much and cry every day. People seem to think because you go out and do things you are ok. They have no idea how you feel. It's only those who have lost a spouse that truly understand.