WIFE has become a widow

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"...and the AA man, on his motorbike, saluted us..."

And if he didn't there was a police trap ahead, stop watch and measured distance. 40mph and 50mph were introduced in the 50s. Same with RAC.

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Oh yes l remember in the 50's AA had like centary boxes my father had a key if you broke down you could phone for help!!! No mobile phone's then ♡♡♡

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Remember that too. My father had a company car. A Ford Anglia!!!! As you say, we felt the bees knees. Fred had an Austin A40? when we met. He taught me to drive and I took my test in it......and passed first time

Sent from my GT-N5110

Last edited:

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Remeber that too. My father had a company car. A Ford Anglia!!!! As you say, we felt the bees knees. Fred had an Austin A40? when we met. He taught me to drive and I took my test in it......and passed first time

Sent from my GT-N5110

John had an A35, and because Thunderbirds was a hit then, he called the car "Fabby", and called me "Mi'Lady" - I called him Parker. :D

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Actually got a "hello again" when I visited the local tip with yet another boot load of rubbish this morning. Last night doorbell rang at 9.30 p.m. - nearly didn't answer but thought it might be a neighbour in trouble. It was the Police and my first thought was "oh no he's had an accident" - then remembered and burst into tears stupidly. Two young Police Officers - one male and one female came in and put the kettle on, made me a cup of tea and one for themselves, sat down at the kitchen table and then explained that there had been a burglary in the Close but they had apprehended the burglar in the process of raiding drawers and cupboards. Strange thing is that the man who lives there is with the Met and keeps an official explosives sniffer dog on the premises. They are all away on holiday. Couldn't really understand why they would be doing "house to house" when they have already got the chap but they just wanted to reassure everyone that they would be shoring up all the broken glass in the conservatory and we might hear banging and noise within a short space of time which we did. Well that's off my chest!

Hope you are all having as good a day as possible - I have tackled the filing cabinet today - took me three hours to sort it out. WIFE

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Oh WIFE! I hate those moments when you momentarily forget your own Lad has passed. So lovely of those Police Officers to take the time to put the kettle on.

Love, and thinking of you

Lyn T XXXX

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976