Wide screen

Bookworm

Jan 30, 2009
Co. Derry
I don't know if I'm imagining it but the lines in a post seem to have become very wide and I'm finding it harder to read when they are - especially with very long posts - if I find this a problems I wonder if others do - I maybe am misremembering but I thought the lines were shorter! Maybe I've clicked something that allows this?

Thanks for advice in advance, x

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005
Hi Sue,

I don't think that anything on TP has changed, but you're right the layout for reading posts in TP isn't ideal (IMHO as a web designer) as it produces very long lines of text.

Sometimes when I find it difficult to read the text of a long post, I use my mouse (dragging it over the text) to highlight one line of text at a time.

Also, if you click on the middle button at the top right of your browser window, you should be able to re-size the window (by using the mouse on the left and right sides of the window) to create a narrower window, making for smaller lines of text to scan:

window_size.jpg

Clicking on that middle button will restore the window to full size.

Take care,

Bookworm

Jan 30, 2009
Co. Derry
Yes - that does help Sandy - thanks - but still it seems changed - maybe because I'm quite visually challenged - very very large "minus" & I'm in my glasses not contacts at present.

What you suggest shortens the lines so that say 3 long lines becomes 4 shorter ones.

What I wrote above looks quite chunky & sensible & "in the middle of the screen" but when I preview it for posting it becomes very elongated

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Sue

I have enlarged print on my screen . I get it by pressing Ctrl+. Might this help?