Why should i apoligise for having dementia

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Why should i have to apoligise for having dementia ?? A very short emotional Video , please share with ALL Alzheimer, dementia, care, memory pages on facebook/ twitter / social media/ You tube sites, etc

Normms, Founder of Global Purple Angel
Dementia aware page
https://youtu.be/WC4INldUvWc

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
No one expects you to apologise for your dementia Norrms. The dementia should apologise to you.

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
Sorry I can’t give you an answer How or Why your still able to continue writing and talking publicly so well with a diagnoses of Dementia maybe it’s because it’s something you enjoy doing and you are really good “ well you are very good at actually “ in my opinion how other see or accept your ability in my view their problem not yours So Don’t Apologise , I’m sure you will continue writing and talking let’s hope it will carry on for many years

raptorman1957

Jan 5, 2016
manchester
Hi Norrms, keep doing what you are doing personally has someone who only recently received my diagnosis of EOA the way you express yourself just gives me at least hope for my own future personally i do struggle with face to face communication but written no problems . Reading your post makes me smile a rare thing these no apolyges just do what you do mate.

Irishgirl57

Jan 21, 2014
Florida, USA
Wow! Just blown away, like you spoke for me, like the words came out of my mouth. I am so tired of hearing "well you don't look like you have dementia .... '

I can't thank you enough for this video, especially today, you're such a wonderful voice for all of us

PhilipBurdekin

Sep 5, 2014
Thank you for the video, it needs to be spread by everyone so some people might just see things in another light, or maybe not lol

Ozzy71

Nov 23, 2015
You are a great advocate and an inspiration - you also have the most amazing accent! Love it! All the best x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anita1968