Why know

vannesser

Apr 4, 2016
as people might remember my oh when tin hospital in January with chest infection / witch as left him with walking and incon for all year .
He as vascal for 4 year he as been as well as can be for last few weeks until just resent
Last night he went to bed at 12 had to get up at 2 for toilet then at 3 witch he started saying he wonted to go home I was to blame for moving here when he was in hospital(we lived here 25 year /he wonted me to wake people up to check I was not telling fibs abought them being a sleep.he said he wonted to leav and I dissent care abought no one but me I had to leave the room thinking he would go to sleep but no he cared on till 7 then he fell a sleep he still going on abought moving to his old house and never coming here again but he said he don’t no how to get to his house .
If I close my eyes he shouts and wakes me up .i not been to sleep yet don’t no what to say to him as what ever I say I am liying .
Does this mean the deseas as gone down a bitt or can it be some illness coming on

Alex54

Oct 15, 2018
Newtown, Wales
@vannesser It is very clear that you are both going through a really bad patch. You need to look after yourself and get some sleep, otherwise, you are not going to be any good to anyone. You need to call get some help, ring 111 and tell them the situation.

charlie10

Dec 20, 2018
Hi @vannesser......so sorry your OH seems to have got worse, it must be very difficult and upsetting for you. I'm not a hands-on carer, so I don't have the experience of many on the forum, but I often read about a change in behaviour being caused by some sort of infection....often a UTI. I don't know what health care facilities are available in the UK over the Christmas period, but perhaps you could phone his GP for advice, or, as Alex suggests, phone 111. Don't struggle along on your own, you need support and he may need some meds. I hope you get a solution soon and can catch up on your sleep. And also that your Christmas is peaceful !

vannesser

Apr 4, 2016
Well it’s been 3 days . last came here.
Monday was worse then saterday nights .it was all day I was shopping but he said I was not I gone visiting people miles away . He was watching a program abought Ireland and told every one that we lived there .and every one kept saying it on tv not him .then later he kept going on abought where we was essentially his house and police was going to arrest us as we Brock into house.and wonted us to go out at 3 in morning after I woke every one

I said I can not wake people up and said it’s our house but he kept saying no and that our house is in a town we or he as never lived in he fell a sleep at 4 in morning.

Moving on to Christmas Eve and he got up at 9 was back a sleep at 11 in morning and from then till 7 Christmas Day he only woke up 2 hours in total of and on .today was ok till 5 then confusion again wrong house things in house not ours and saying police will arrest us I told him we bought tv 3 year ago but he still saying stuff
How can he be completly confused one day to the point of a lot of things and then do nothing but
sleepi all day and night .get up quiet smiling then confused again .
This is the worst he been and on both days I have been wired as to what is happening
Even those I know things can get worse

vannesser

Apr 4, 2016
Than
Hi @vannesser......so sorry your OH seems to have got worse, it must be very difficult and upsetting for you. I'm not a hands-on carer, so I don't have the experience of many on the forum, but I often read about a change in behaviour being caused by some sort of infection....often a UTI. I don't know what health care facilities are available in the UK over the Christmas period, but perhaps you could phone his GP for advice, or, as Alex suggests, phone 111. Don't struggle along on your own, you need support and he may need some meds. I hope you get a solution soon and can catch up on your sleep. And also that your Christmas is peaceful !
k you will have to ring docters when open .as still had problems over last few days

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
It sounds like he is Sundowning @vannesser - which is when they get confused during the evening and/or at night.

He might be starting another infection, but if not Im sorry to say it could be progression of the disease.
Your doctor, or the community psychiatric team might be able to precribe something to help with the anxiety during the night.

Trying to tell them that they are wrong never works, so instead of trying to persuade him that it really is his house, try saying something like - oh its OK the owners said we could stay here tonight

vannesser

Apr 4, 2016
It sounds like he is Sundowning @vannesser - which is when they get confused during the evening and/or at night.

He might be starting another infection, but if not Im sorry to say it could be progression of the disease.
Your doctor, or the community psychiatric team might be able to precribe something to help with the anxiety during the night.

Trying to tell them that they are wrong never works, so instead of trying to persuade him that it really is his house, try saying something like - oh its OK the owners said we could stay here tonight
Thank you for replying .will get in touch with go after holiday and I will try your comment abought house if he cares on thanks again .