why ia i fealing like this

happyray

Apr 2, 2007
bridgend
ive bean married with my wife for 30 years. ive had alzhimers for 4 years. i cant believe that my wifes got cares stress. because of it she doesnt want me anymore. i dont realy now what to do i feal as if i wasnt hear anymore she would be better of. i dont like her being like she is she used to be so happy like me but now ime realy down i tried 3 weeks ago to finish it all of. but i phoned her to make shure i was doing the right thing but she stopped me i wish sometimes more than most, that i haddent made that call. i think i am pulling her down ive bean to sea a doctor but the things that my wife come out with is tohurtful for me i just dont now what to do . :confused:

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Happyray

I'm sorry you're so worried. You and your wife have been married for a long time, so please try to be kind to each other.

I'm sorry you've got Alzheimer's, and at your age you must feel bitter. I'm sure your wife is suffering from stress, all carers are under severe strain, and if you and she are not getting on, it will be so much harder.

I'm not blaming you, or her, it's hard for both of you. I think you need to talk to each other, and see if there is any way to make things easier for you both.

Please give it a try. I'm sure she doesn't want to leave you.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Happyray.

It is very hard for you to have Alzheimers and it is very hard for your wife to see you with Alzheimers.

I don`t think you really want to die, i just think you need some help.

Why don`t you phone the Samaritans. They might be able to help you.

The phone number is 08457 90 90 90

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Happyray,

You sound very sad and you have good reason to be. But please do not blame your wife. Please blame the disease.

This disease is very HARD on everybody - the sufferer, the carer and everyone in the family.

I suggest you give your wife a big hug and tell her how much you care for her and love her. This will make both of you feel better, I think.

Everyone on Talking Point wants to support you AND to support your wife.

You are welcome to come here to visit whenever you like. I hope it will be helpful.