1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. SophieAnn

SophieAnn Registered User

Apr 16, 2015
    Burton
    I found out yesterday people have been taking the Micky out of my Dad! Just because he looks and acts different! Honestly feel so bad for my Dad this isn't the first time people have been horrible with him!

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

2. marionq

marionq Registered User

Apr 24, 2013
    Female
    Scotland
    Aren't you glad that you are not one of these thoughtless idiots? You are having a bad experience which is making you stronger and smarter. You can deal with the harsh realities of life because you're living with it. They are immature and are themselves to be pitied for their mental and spiritual weakness.

Keep your chin up - you will come out the other end a better person. Good wishes.

3. SophieAnn

SophieAnn Registered User

Apr 16, 2015
    Burton
    Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

4. Grey Lad

Grey Lad Registered User

Sep 12, 2014
    North East Lincs
    Some people are so thoughtless being horrible to your dad. I hope they leave him alone and let him enjoy his life. G L

5. River15

River15 Registered User

May 28, 2015
    That's terrible. People are ignorant! They have no idea of the struggles that your dad and family go through. Chin up girly xx