Why am I surprised?

Evaline

Nov 23, 2020
Hi my husband Geoff has vascular dementia , which is gradually getting worse , so most things I take in my stride ,but the other day ,after a routine call from our youngest son (49) I was trying to have a conversation with Geoff about the brain operation which our son had 1 year ago, he is now well , but at the time it was traumatic for the whole family ,so to my surprise Geoff vehemently said nobody had told him about it , and said we never told him anything that was going on , which is of course untrue. It is always the unexpected remarks that take you by surprise , considering he doesn`t know who I am ,so why am I surprised???? Keep smiling everyone.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
I know how that feels. Just when I think my partner has accepted her mother is dead, even if she thinks it was a bit more recent than it was, she suddenly says nobody told her or she has no idea where her mum is and nobody will tell her. Reliving trauma and grief or watching someone you care about going through it again is so hard. I'm pleased your son recovered and you can keep smiling, Evaline.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Hi my husband Geoff has vascular dementia , which is gradually getting worse , so most things I take in my stride ,but the other day ,after a routine call from our youngest son (49) I was trying to have a conversation with Geoff about the brain operation which our son had 1 year ago, he is now well , but at the time it was traumatic for the whole family ,so to my surprise Geoff vehemently said nobody had told him about it , and said we never told him anything that was going on , which is of course untrue. It is always the unexpected remarks that take you by surprise , considering he doesn`t know who I am ,so why am I surprised???? Keep smiling everyone.
my husband has vascular dementia and he has started doing this. he nicked his arm and it bled, it went on a tea towel and took it away. he then said wheres the tea towel because he didnt remember that i took it away. its a trivial thing but i can understand what you are saying. i understand that it was a big event in your lives. i usually say, you cant remember everything so its no ones fault and just one of those things

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
I lived with dad for a year. Whenever I left the room to go to the bathroom or the kitchen, he was always surprised to see me when I came back and would say 'I didn't hear you come in but it's nice to see you'

I found that really difficult to understand, I had only been gone a minute or two.

Evaline

Nov 23, 2020
thanks all ,it is just nice to to write these little things down knowing you all understand x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peanutbrain