• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can be found in our area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

You can directly access this area >here<.

Who to contact first when you feel you have reached crisis point?

Rob_E

Feb 1, 2015
I'm so sorry to read about your situation, I know as do many of us on here just how difficult it can be and how brutal the system is. I've also had experience with so called proffesionals who quite honestly are in the wrong job. I would like to reinforce the point made by @doodle1, I had an experience with socials services of getting nowhere with them for months. In my case I contacted one of the local councillors who got in touch with social services on my behalf and within 24 hours social services started to do their job. I hope things improve for you soon!

Helen10

Jan 22, 2021
Some slow progress. No communication at all from social services but have heard from mum’s nurse and they are reconsidering mum at a home she was rejected from. I don’t think it will be a quick process. Am expecting it to take around a month, assuming they do reconsider her.

If I don’t hear from SW tomorrow, I will be escalating to MP.

Meanwhile, mum has spent the last week pretty much non-stop sobbing her heart out, despite my best attempts to keep her spirits up.

This is absolutely soul destroying. Poor mum 😭. Feeling helpless.
Hx

Frank24

Feb 13, 2018
Some slow progress. No communication at all from social services but have heard from mum’s nurse and they are reconsidering mum at a home she was rejected from. I don’t think it will be a quick process. Am expecting it to take around a month, assuming they do reconsider her.

If I don’t hear from SW tomorrow, I will be escalating to MP.

Meanwhile, mum has spent the last week pretty much non-stop sobbing her heart out, despite my best attempts to keep her spirits up.

This is absolutely soul destroying. Poor mum 😭. Feeling helpless.
Hx
Oh Helen, hang on in there. It is soul destroying your right. Remember your doing your best. Very hard I know. ❤️🖤