Who Pays 4 Care book

Greyone

Sep 11, 2013
UK
Now that mum's in long term care we're dealing with the financials.

*** My thanks go to everyone here who has been of help in any way at all ***

During a chat with an IFA, my family was told about a publication called Who Pays 4 Care, at http://whopays4care.info/ . Has any one ever heard of this book and found it of any use. I'm happy to buy it if it has a definite value, but dont want to waste my money and time if not.

THX

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
I really think all the information is available elsewhere. £30 plus P & P sounds rather a lot.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I agree and I would also caution against relying on any printed information that refers to the Care Act
"AND THE NEW REGULATIONS about to become law can make matters worse for families, not better as the government publicity machine portrays."
Things have changed in the last few days.

In my opinion you would be better off consulting charities such as AgeUK, CAB,... for a free explanation.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
It's quite clear who'll pay for the author's care and that is everyone who buys this overpriced book! Yet someone else trying to make a profit on the back of carers. Their email is a gmail address! Doesn't that tell you everything you need to know...

sistermillicent

Jan 30, 2009
Don't have anything to do with this website and certainly don't part with any money. There are some basic grammar/language mistakes on their home page which are a sure sign. And yes, I know my grammar isn't great but I can see when things are wrong.

Greyone

Sep 11, 2013
UK
Coming from you i kinda find that reassuring. I would be surprised if they weren't making a few bucks on he back of an obvious need.But obviously if the information is there then it will be available to everyone and someone here's bound to know - many thanks.

Greyone

Sep 11, 2013
UK
yes , you are quite right to caution esp since the care act is a moving feast. We had a discussion with our last financial assessor on that very subject. I have not forgotten that our latest government has already shelved an important part and I also object to paying for something that's free - thanks.

Greyone

Sep 11, 2013
UK
It's quite clear who'll pay for the author's care and that is everyone who buys this overpriced book! Yet someone else trying to make a profit on the back of carers. Their email is a gmail address! Doesn't that tell you everything you need to know...

I have to admit that it was one of our IFAs that mentioned the book to us. Not sure how many copies they bought for themselves, but they can certainly afford it without question.

Greyone

Sep 11, 2013
UK
Hi sistermillicent - your grammar is much better than mine. I'm more surprised they're just selling it via their website. Amazon would have attracted a much bigger audience and kindle is quite secure these days. Maybe they know very well they'll be updating it this year and next as a minimum.

Thanks to everyone for your advice.