Who is the Chair on the Independent Panel for CHC??.

sharina

Mar 17, 2010
I have recently started investigating the Chair Persons of these so called Independent Review Panels.

The CHC Regulations and Requirements stipulate that the Chair cannot be an employee of the NHS or a current serving executive or non executive director. Also they cannot be someone sacked by the NHS.

Interestingly enough they do not preclude a for instance,lets say a solicitor from a firm whose main client is .....the NHS. They do not preclude an accountant whose main client is ......the NHS.

So imagine this scenario. I am sure it would never happen in this country,the birth place of natural justice and equity.

A solicitor has been on the phone advising the NHS that they have erroneously allowed the Social Services to get away with too much by declaring a lot of their (social services )clients as having a primary health need as opposed to social care. Triumphantly She manages to claw back millions from Social Services.Looking good on her CV.

Suddenly , she realises the time...hurriedly she gets into the car and gets to the local PCT Appeal Panel. In walks the worried relatives. She is introduced as the Independent Chair,does not announce a conflict of interest . she listens to someone present her client's case.

She is now in a different role.She now adjudicates on whether her client,the NHS has to pay money to this family for their loved one care.

Clearly, this could not happen in this country afterall we are a civilised country who understand the principle that 'justice must be seen to be done'

We are a great race who understands that someone who acts for one party on a day in day out basis could not possible adjudicate on whether that party had to pay money to another.

I am right ........WE ARE A CIVILISED RACE WITH A FAIR ADMINISTRATIVE LEGAL SYSTEM.....????????

This could not be happening in the UK....

It was just a bad dream.

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
So imagine this scenario. I am sure it would never happen in this country,the birth place of natural justice and equity.

Oh yes it would! Oh yes it has been known to happen, not exactly as you describe - but very very close. The word 'independent' is a much maligned word, and you have to dig deep to discover the 'dependency' of the Chair.

Of course, one may need to say that not everyone would give a single thought to that kind of thing, so you may be a lone wolf, crying in the darkness. But you could also be a wolf that alerts others to the problems that some are trying to unravel in this whole messy world we're stuck wtih.

I am right ........WE ARE A CIVILISED RACE WITH A FAIR ADMINISTRATIVE LEGAL SYSTEM.....????????

This could not be happening in the UK....

It is happening in the UK - just that not a lot of people care about it or even know about it, as 'My Name Is' might say.

It was just a bad dream.
It's not a dream - it's real.