Who could have written the script..........

keegan2

Jan 11, 2015
Well here we are Christmas eve and things could not be any more complicated. Today other half for the first time has been in his pyjamas all day , had morning meds and breakfast then that was it. Been standing in the front porch refusing food, drink and medication. Everytime I asked him anything I got abit of abuse so backed off. Finally at 1730 little man managed to get him to eat a mini cake laced with a lorazepam (which does not work effectively if consumed like this) but had no choice. Mood no better ate his dinner and has been with his grumpy head all evening. Now he is refusing to have his medication to bed, don't know what to do, what will the effect of him not having his antidepressants and anxiety/sleeping tablet have if he does not take them. So much for working hard to make christmas special for him and the kids, I don't know what the night will bring. Will hold out downstairs for as long as possible and may try again (says he will leave house when I have asked him before) don't want that, boys are out enjoying christmas eve don't want to to have to call them home early. Any ideas on computer for abit.......

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Oh Keegan, I'm so sorry you're having such a miserable Christmas Eve. Is there any possibility you could hide his meds in a chocolate or something really tempting? I'm sorry don't have any other suggestion but hope someone else might. Do hope you manage to get him settled and tomorrow is a better day. xxxxxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

keegan2

Jan 11, 2015
You are not supposed to crush or chew the medication (read on line) but I am so desparated we mixed his meds in yogurt with m and m sweets. Don't know what the effect will be, I am tired now. Will try and coax him upstairs in about 10minuts...

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
I don't have any suggestions other than hidden meds but I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you and keeping everything crossed that you will have one of the 'good' days tomorrow xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lavender45

Jun 7, 2015
Liverpool
If meds are less effective when taken with food does bribery work eg if you take this you can have, sweets, cake, ice cream, or something else he really likes afterwards. Otherwise does the firm line, the doctor says you must work? What would happen if you had a fake conversation on the phone and tell him the doctor says he has to take z,y and z. Sorry if these are rubbish ideas. Are any of his medications available in liquid form? I know this wouldn't help right now, but maybe in the future?

Lavender x

keegan2

Jan 11, 2015
Thanks for taking time to reply. Eventually managed to get him to bed at 2330. I managed to get a little sleep was very wary of the situation. This morning Sir has woken up with his good head on. ~Quickly gave him the lorazepam (taken no chances today he is getting the good stuff today, weaning can strt again tomorrow) got him to take a shave now he is in the shower. I have everything crossed may have a merry merry christmas today after all. (watch this space.

Wishing everyone on TP a a christmas full of fun and laughter, everyone deserves it. Although I don't know anyone on here personally, I feel like in a way we are a family love to all........

keegan2

Jan 11, 2015
If you are in the hounslow area and on your own, you are more than welcome to ours....plenty to go around. Will check later if anyone is coming, no one should be alone at this time of year........

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
Thanks for taking time to reply. Eventually managed to get him to bed at 2330. I managed to get a little sleep was very wary of the situation. This morning Sir has woken up with his good head on. ~Quickly gave him the lorazepam (taken no chances today he is getting the good stuff today, weaning can strt again tomorrow) got him to take a shave now he is in the shower. I have everything crossed may have a merry merry christmas today after all. (watch this space.

Wishing everyone on TP a a christmas full of fun and laughter, everyone deserves it. Although I don't know anyone on here personally, I feel like in a way we are a family love to all........

I'm so relieved for you.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
That's great news. Keeping my fingers crossed for a good day for you both. x

thebes

Feb 10, 2014
London
Very much hoping your day goes on well, sending lots of positive vibes your way. happy Christmas to you and your family.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dan Smith