Who can read posts?

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
Bit confused, regarding who can read posts. Is it just those who register or anybody who 'surfs the net'? Sorry if this question is in the wrong place.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Good place to put it.

Anyone can read posts without registering UNLESS the posts are in the Tea Room or Poetry (which is a sub forum of the Tea Room). If they register, and log in, they can then read the posts there. The only truly confidential part of TP is the PM system - the only people who can read those are the sender and the recipient.

Hope that's answered your question. :)

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
Thanks Jennifer you have answered exactly what I wanted to know. I wasn't entirely sure, its good to fully understand, thank you.

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
I think that a google search will pick up any posts apart from those in the Tea Room/Poetry.

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
Ah right, Lemony. I think we know why we post in the tearoom then. The idea of everyone and anyone googling us isn't appealing :(

JPG1

Account Closed
Jul 16, 2008
CaPattinson Chris,

There are many thousands of registered TP members - but most of those thousands don't post but can still read anything on TP if they bother to log in.

There are also many many registered TP members who have never ever posted, but can still read anything on TP and that includes the Tea Room if they bother to log in.

So unless you hire a private detective to trawl through each of the registered members, and then to gain access to all the information about them that is held securely by the Alz Soc, you may never know who is reading whatever you might wish them not to read.

The message of that all? If you don't want 'someone' to read 'it', then you should be well advised by the TP moderators that you don't post it on the internet.

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
Very true JPG, got it! :D But a pseudoname (not sure of spelling but meaning is clear) might have been prudent, with hindsight.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiabarbour