Who can certify a copy of LPA?

HelenE42

May 25, 2022
Hi, my husband has LPA health and welfare for his Dad.
We have seen we need a certified copy for some organisations but unfortunately my FIL is now unable to do this.
Other than a solicitor who can do this please? Who is classed as 'notary' public person?
Thanks for any advice.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
You need to choose a solicitor.

A notary is a qualified lawyer appointed by the Archbishop of Canterbury who can authenticate signatures relating to documents for use aboard.

Some solicitors are notaries, not all notaries are solicitors, notaries can perform solicitors duties.

Last edited:

MartinWL

Jun 12, 2020
London
I have a feeling that a stockbroker can do it as well but that's really not a very useful suggestion. Do shop around for value for money when contacting solicitors.

HelenE42

May 25, 2022
Thank you everyone. It's good to know exactly what needs to be done, even if it is another expense?

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
I have just put notaries followed by my town name into google and its come up with few

Last edited:

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
I paid a local solicitor £25 to certify three copies of both the LPAs ie six documents in total. The clerk did the photocopying and stamped each page, the solicitor then signed them. I think that was very reasonable really, it took quite a while to do while I sat in reception and watched.

I then scanned a copy into my computer as some organisation accept electronic copies nowadays.