Who are you

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Yesterday, for the first time ever hubby did not recognise me for a few seconds. It was over in seconds but it really shook me. He was upset about something else that morning so maybe that had something to do with it, but it just reminded me of what is ahead. Today he is back to what passes for normal with this horrible disease, going round and round with a particular confabulation.

Belgrave28

Apr 16, 2022
Yesterday, for the first time ever hubby did not recognise me for a few seconds. It was over in seconds but it really shook me. He was upset about something else that morning so maybe that had something to do with it, but it just reminded me of what is ahead. Today he is back to what passes for normal with this horrible disease, going round and round with a particular confabulation.
Sorry to hear this as I have said before my husband got up one morning and said I had left him it’s so hard he thinks I’m a carer but the problem is lots of nights he tries to put me out of the house sometimes I have to get my daughter to stay it’s amazing that he knows some of my friends yet doesn’t know me we have been married over 43 years it makes things so difficult for me as I have health problems of my own I’m sure if he knew what he was doing to me he would be devastated physically he is ok but mentally he is very bad some times I wonder how much longer I can cope

silkiest

Feb 9, 2017
What a strange illness this is @SeaSwallow, yesterday I showed mummery recent a video of herself and there was no way she would accept that it was her. She even called her husband 'dad' last week.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Mum did that a few times to me @SeaSwallow , but apart from these occasions she knew me right up to the end, so it may not become permanent.

Shes probably gone back in time @silkiest and thinks she is much younger than she really is. By the same token she is probably looking for a much younger husband and therefore thinks that the older man is really her dad.

Chocco

Aug 9, 2021
It happens, sadly. I'm 'Sir' most of the time despite being his wife.
Whatever ...
I go through most days with OH thinking I'm either "the little fella", "the boy" or "the other Sandra" Sometimes all 3 in one day!
He often refers to "all the people here" when its only ever been and is just him & me.

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Thank you everyone, it has not happened again, and hopefully will not but I know with this disease that there are no guarantees.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Mum did that a few times to me @SeaSwallow , but apart from these occasions she knew me right up to the end, so it may not become permanent.

Shes probably gone back in time @silkiest and thinks she is much younger than she really is. By the same token she is probably looking for a much younger husband and therefore thinks that the older man is really her dad.
My mum illustrated this perfectly when she told me, 'You can't be my daughter - you are far too old!'

annieka 56

Aug 8, 2022
What a strange illness this is @SeaSwallow, yesterday I showed mummery recent a video of herself and there was no way she would accept that it was her. She even called her husband 'dad' last week.
my husband sees photos of our older son and thinks it is him. They do look alike. He also sees the few black & white .photos of his own father and again thinks it's him. In his mind he sees himself as young and handsome. To be honest I think that's just great, if he wants to see himself in that way. Now he does not look in the mirror and can't hold his head up.