1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

Who are the best people to contact for benefits advice?

Discussion in 'Legal and financial issues' started by tryingmybest, Aug 10, 2015.

1. tryingmybest

tryingmybest Registered User

May 22, 2015
    Female
    Things are getting very urgent and serious and I need good solid advice. Where is the best place to go for this? Is there somebody very experienced on the helpline here or should I go to Age Uk or CAB? Thank you.

2. canary

canary Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Female
    South coast
    I have found both Age UK (sorted out my mum) and CAB (sorted out my husband) very good.

3. Beate

Beate Registered User

May 21, 2014
    Female
    London
    The Carers Centre and Alzheimer's society can help too. Why don't you contact them all and see who will help quickest?

4. Boldredrosie

Boldredrosie Registered User

Mar 13, 2012
    Age UK were very helpful to me.

5. Tin

Tin Registered User

May 18, 2014
    UK
    Every benefit issue I have had I've turned to CAB. Did what they could and then gave me a script plus telephone numbers for the bits I had to do personally.

6. Sue J

Sue J Registered User

Dec 9, 2009
    CAB were brilliant and got me help through Age K:) All the best with sorting it.