Who am I ? I won't know myself soon!!!

anxious annie

Jan 2, 2019
I have just read your news annielou, so very sorry to hear about your lovely mum. You have been such a wonderful daughter, wishing you and your family strength in the days ahead xxx

imthedaughter

Apr 3, 2019
My condolences @annielou . I had also hoped your mum might find some comfort and contentment in 24 hour care but now it seems that when she left her house that night she was leaving to start on another journey. She knew you in the recent weeks and I am sure felt your love and presence right until the end. You have been a wonderful advocate and daughter to your mum and she could not have asked for a more loving daughter or caring friend. You will miss her, I know. I hope you give yourself the time and grace to grieve but also to be proud of what you did for mum. The hard times, the difficult decisions are not something to fret over but to be proud of: you did the best you knew how, as we all strive to do.
Your mum is now free, may she rest in peace and may you find grace and comfort at this time. My thoughts are with you. And many, many virtual hugs.
I feel we have walked some of this path together. Take very good care as you take a new fork in the road.

Helly68

Mar 12, 2018
I have only just seen this, so very sorry to hear your news. I think that your Mum knew that you were by her side on this most difficult part of the journey. Condolences, and try to rest if you can.

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
thanks for your replies and support x
This forum has been an amazing place for me to find things out and let my feelings and worries out and I am very grateful for it and all the wonderful people on it xxxx

Mandy76

Jul 25, 2019
Just seen this sad news. I am very sorry for your loss of your lovely mum. You did the best that anyone could do in such challenging circumstances. She would have been proud of the way you dealt with things and how you coped.

Mandy xx

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
I am so sorry to hear your sad news but relieved that your Mum has now left this chaos known as dementia and has found peace. I think we both came to this forum at about the same time and I always thought what a caring and amazing daughter you were to your Mum. You have been with her all the way and fought for her with so much love. Please be proud of yourself and I am so pleased to hear that you got to spend quite a bit of time with her towards the end.
Your hubby has also seemed so caring too so I hope he is wrapping you in a cloak of love to keep you going through this difficult time. Many hugs to you ??????? and also to your sister.
Take care.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
When you look back to how things were when you started this thread, I am so glad that your mum knew who you were again for the last few weeks of her life :)

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
When you look back to how things were when you started this thread, I am so glad that your mum knew who you were again for the last few weeks of her life :)
I was thinking the exactly the same thing. I read your first post on this thread and I am really in awe at how you managed to keep supporting your mum throughout her dementia journey @annielou . You've been a total star, even if you've not always been sure of it yourself.
I hope you are doing OK and getting the support you need from you husband and sister.

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
It was mums funeral today, a bit of a different type of funeral to what would normally have had but we did our best to say goodbye to mum with things as they are. The funeral celebrant did a really nice job and told mums story from the details my sister and I had given her in a lovely way, she had been lovely to deal with over the phone and by email and was lovely in person today too.
It was sad to only be able to talk to people for a few minutes outside the crematorium after the service before we left and all went home seperately though. The weirdest thing is my sister, partner and nephew are staying in a travelodge tonight and driving home tomorrow and it seems odd them being nearby but not with us, but the main thing is that they got to come to the funeral. After my sister went home from visiting when mum died they got covid, but luckily are all better now and out of isolation and no longer contagious so were allowed to come for funeral etc. My sister would have been so upset if she hadn't been here today and so would I so I'm glad they were and glad all better too.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
So glad the funeral went well @annielou and the person conducting it was good. I remember my uncle's funeral being really dismal as the celebrant really hadn't a clue how to conduct a service. So good that your sister's family have recovered from Covid and were able to come.
Maybe when things are back to normal you can hold a proper celebratory party, where you can remember your lovely mum in style.
In the meantime I hope you and your husband are doing well.

anxious annie

Jan 2, 2019
I am pleased to hear that your mum's funeral went well today @annielou . It must have seemed a strange experience because of the restrictions, but lovely that your sister and her family were there to share too and that the funeral celebrant did such a good job. Take care of yourself xx

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
I am pleased that the celebrant was lovely and did a nice job in remembering your Mum.
So pleased that your sister and family were able to make it too and are over the COVID. I hope they have a safe journey home.
That must have been so weird and made it all more surreal with not being able to be with your sister afterwards but with them being so close by. We all understand the why but it does not make it any easier.
Hope your hubby is giving you lots of hugs and be kind to yourself

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
Hi @annielou hope you are still picking up messages. I wanted to see if everything went ok for your lovely mum on day of funeral and looks like went as well as possible. My dads funeral is on the 10th February so a few days away. Un fortunately I caught Covid from dad and been very very unwell so had doubts if I would be well enough but fingers crossed a turning point today. I also had to speak on phone to vicar conducting service she was lovely and said a prayer for me everyone concerned I wouldn't be strong enough but am determined I will make it. Take Care Annilou.

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
Hi @annielou hope you are still picking up messages. I wanted to see if everything went ok for your lovely mum on day of funeral and looks like went as well as possible. My dads funeral is on the 10th February so a few days away. Un fortunately I caught Covid from dad and been very very unwell so had doubts if I would be well enough but fingers crossed a turning point today. I also had to speak on phone to vicar conducting service she was lovely and said a prayer for me everyone concerned I wouldn't be strong enough but am determined I will make it. Take Care Annilou.
How lovely of you to think of others with so much on your plate !
I was wondering how clearing the house with the sister was going, but my goodness getting Covid must have been dreadful?
Be careful because even when you think you have recovered you can get ‘brain fog’ and exhaustion!

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
im so glad you are feeling a bit better. dont over do it. you are still going to feel exhausted doing very little.

Wildflowerlady

Sep 30, 2019
How lovely of you to think of others with so much on your plate !
I was wondering how clearing the house with the sister was going, but my goodness getting Covid must have been dreadful?
Be careful because even when you think you have recovered you can get ‘brain fog’ and exhaustion!
I feel very weak as have lost about 10 pounds I plan to move around over weekend as have only managed toilet runs desperate for a shower but have been too weak to stand for anything other than absolutely necessary and even then panicky in case I collapsed. I had been thinking of @Annilou as her mum passed not long before dad and had been following their journey. House clearance has had to wait but hope to look into it next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife