Who am I ? I won't know myself soon!!!

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Back at CH with mum this morning night nurse called in early hours to say thought mum had deteriorated a bit more. Her eyes were bit glazed and breathing bit noisier and wasn’t responding to them much. She asked if I wanted come sit with mum but couldn't say if mum was near the end or not. I ‘ve been here since about three am.
Mum looked at me when I arrived and reacted to my cold hands. i’ve been sitting holding her hand stroking her arm stroking her hair while mum has fidgeted a bit turning head to side fidgeting feet and looking like trying not to go to sleep. I have said she can go to sleep and I’ll sit here with her that its ok but if i ask if shes tired or sleepy she sort of shakes her head.
We’ve had couple of moany fidgety times where mum was looking like needed a wee again but either couldnt or wouldnt go on her pad. A few times she rolled her eyes and few times moaned i know when I said to go on het pad she gets quite het up about it. Then she settled a bit after.
Nurse and carer came about five and changed her and moved pillows a bit they using for padding. At first when I went to stand up mum held my hand and looked at me so I said I’m only standing over there a minute I’m still here mum so she let go. Think mum did go to sleep for a bout quarter of an hour after the changed mum and covered her back up, she seemed more settled and had shut her eyes but now she back fidgeting her foot and turning her head and keeping her eyes open.

DianeW

Sep 10, 2013
Lytham St Annes
I too am thinking of you....maybe say to mum you too are going to have a little snooze when she sleeps, pretending your really tired too......may just settle her a bit to sleep when your with her?

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
im thinking of you too. you are so good with your mum, so kind and thoughtful and always thinking of your mums comfort. its sad to read but beautiful at the same time. just shows how a relationship between mother and daughter should be.

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Thanks for all hugs and support, been at CH with mum quite a lot called back a coupke of times as staff think mum deteriorated but then she settles down. Thought we were near end s few times but for some reason mum still hanging on despite being uncomfy in pain and agitated at times. She has had medication for pain and agitation few times and some really bad times then other times just lays there breathing noisily and not really responding and at times seems like she is trying hard to carry on and back to breathing steady and stick around longer.