Who am I ? I won't know myself soon!!!

imthedaughter

Apr 3, 2019
Delighted you didn't cancel the carer - sounds like it all went ok yesterday and actually turned into quite a good day!

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Bless you for asking @Woo2 x Thank you it's been a bit better day today, mum was confused but calm most of the day. Some of the things she said this morning made me laugh, she was telling me that 'friend' had been tearing pages out of my colouring book and she'd told her it was my book and I'd be mad but 'friend' had said it dint matter so mum said she had shouted at her that it bl@@dy did and 'friend' hadn't been since and mum was glad cos she kept expecting her to feed them all. Then she said friend had disappeared now, nobody had seen her for ages and her hubby was with 'J' my sisters teenage friend. They were things she'd said to me the other day when she thought I was 'friend' and 'J' and my hubby was 'friends' hubby. I don't know why but it made me giggle and that made mum laugh.
Late morning till mid afternoon I was alternating between 'friend', a friend called Andrea, my sister and 'J' my sisters friend, but luckily she was quite calm and didn't seem to be bothered by it.
Bout 1/4 past 4 I went to start prepping dinner and mum shouted into kitchen Are you my daughter? and when I told her I was and which one I was she said you're not lying to me are you? Which is something she says often. She seemed to have got back to knowing who I was then, but after that she started with constant questions till about 1/4 to 7. She was asking all the usual questions about where did I live, was I married, who was I married to, where did she live, how long had she lived there, did she get back with dad, did she need to empty their other house, had she left stuff in dads house, did she need to pay rent. Hubby came at 6 and when I was out of room putting dinner out and later washing up she carried on asking hubby same things in place of me.
She calmed down a bit before we left at 20 past 7 and was looking forward to watching 2 programmes she likes which I'd wrote down times on pad for her so I'm hoping she has watched those and had a settled evening.
I hope you have been ok today, it made me smile when you said your apple tree had started flowering I'd like to think thats your dad giving you something nice to look at x ?

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Oh that is good , a calmer day even though still confused , that isn’t going to go anywhere soon is it so if she can stay calm that’s great , again that’s you being calm that effects it I think . So glad for you :) made me laugh though sorry , why would you lie which daughter you were ? Bless her . Sounds like she was nice and settled when you left so I’m sure she has watched programmes then off to bed . I have had an ok day which feels kind of wrong but I have everyone home to keep me occupied and sad wasn’t the sort to want fuss and attention and he would really be cross if he thought we were crying and upset . I did feel sad and re run the events of last year but on the whole had smiles and good memories, had our toast to him and now I have rosy cheeks and feeling a little pickled after 1 gin , def don’t take after my dad for that ! That made me smile too , I couldn’t believe it . It’s full of beautiful white and pink flowers . He would prob laugh at the pink?. Thank you @annielou for your support, kindness and thoughts .Hope you sleep well and have another good day tom . Carer again in the afternoon ? Can you get some fun time tom ? Take care, thanks again . X

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
I'm glad your day has been ok and I'm sure your dad would be too. Pink to make the boys wink on his tree ;) It sounds gorgeous x
Fingers crossed for carer coming tomorrow and I can get my 'fun time' doing the ironing ? :confused: not fun but neccessary.
Hope you get a good nights sleep and don't have a hangover from your 1 gin :) Night ?

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Morning @annielou , I didn’t have a hangover but I was feeling flushed and took a while to get to sleep ? I am a lightweight where alcohol is concerned ! Hope you get your afternoon to do ironing. X

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Me too @Woo2 sniff of a wine gum and I'm tiddly lol.?
Not sure about carer today mum said her cold was back when I rang this morning and not to come but I did, she does sound bit sniffy now I'm here and has just had rush to loo so hoping diarohea not back today. Not cancelled carer yet will have to see how goes on. If I don't cancel before they come and mums sniffy then I'll give carer option of staying or going.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Its been going on for so long @annielou that I find it difficult to believe that its an infection. It does sound more like hay fever, the way it keeps coming and going.

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
It could be that @canary ? I did wonder when she first started with it if hayfever as she had mothers day flowers. It seemed more cold like last week but this week its just been occassional runny nose/sniffy for a few hours, then gone, then back a few hours. She was sniffy when I got there this morning but by lunchtime was fine so I didn't cancel carer. I don't think it's anything serious, even as a cold she's not been that bad and she's not had any trouble breathing or had a cough or temperature. I told carer today we thought it was either a cold or hayfever, she was lot better but it did keep coming back for a couple of hours sometimes. Thought I'd explain in case mum gets sniffy later and she was worried we'd let them come back before mum was better.

DianeW

Sep 10, 2013
Lytham St Annes
I used to suffer hay fever really bad, luckily it’s been much better over last few years.

However for me it was always like I had a very heavy cold.....and it was worse in the morning and around tea time/ evening time.

I think she sounds like she has it, and it’s supposed to be quite bad for people at the moment too, which may explain its appearance.

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
That is when mums usually comes out @DianeW so could be hayfever. She's never had it before and isn't really going out apart from to dustbin and to put washing on the line though, but it started when she had 2 lots of flowers for mothers day and they did irritate me a bit too so I do keep thinking it might be that. I randomly got hayfever out of the blue a few years ago, never had it before but always used to sneeze near fresh cut grass and lillies have always given me a headache and strong smelling flowers like freesia but not had proper hayfever except that year. Since that year I have had light bouts of hayfever a few times. Mum had been ok by lunchtime yesterday but she rang me a couple of times last night and the first time she rang she sounded really coldy but second time an hour later it sounded better.

DianeW

Sep 10, 2013
Lytham St Annes
Yes...it definitely sounds like hay fever to me......the thing is when your suffering it makes you more sensitive to like dust etc too.

Even staying in, windows closed etc I still used to suffer....it really did used to ruin my summers.

Maybe if not already started she could take a antihistamine tablet, they usually help but do take a few days to kick in.

It is easy to think you have a cold though when suffering, hopefully it eases for her soon.

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Thanks @DianeW x She's been quite snuffly and blowing her nose today so I might try some antihistamines if she can take them. I can't take them so the year I had it I used a barrier cream on my nostrils and under my eyes and think I have one in the house so might try her with that too.

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Hi @Woo2 yes carer came yesterday afternoon so I got my afternoon of ironing x It's been more of the same the last couple of days with mum.
Yesterday she lost me quite early on and told me some mixed up things about who had been coming to house and why and also said a few mixed up things about her mum and when she died and about where she lived and getting back together with my dad before carer came but she was quite calm about it and there weren't as many questions as most days but then I wasn't with her as long and she usually asks more in the afternoon and evening. When carer came yesterday she told her, like she did other carer on tuesday, that Our Andrea had painted living room for her (not me) and was talking about our Andrea but not me. When I asked her who I was she said 'You're me' and laughed, she continued to talk to carer about me and sis as if I wasn't me. I left after about 20 minutes and she was ok with carer and said later they'd had nice afternoon so that's good. She rang twice last night to ask what day it was if a programme was on tv and where had she been when I'd gone that morning as she thought she had been out somewhere.
Her cold or hayfever has been back all day today and she had a headache too so not been feeling her best.
She was a bit grumpy this morning when I first got there over being reminded to wash her hands after opening some post and she was pretty nasty and petulant about it and after five minutes I told her to just wash her hands and stop being nasty, which she did, then tried to have another go at me and then sulked when that didn't get much reaction from me but we eventually got over it and put the tv on and she was ok then. She soon started mixing me up again though and was mixed up about where she lived, thinking she had got back with dad and mixing up when her mum died etc as is usual now.
How have you been? Hope you've had an ok couple of days x

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
It sounds much the same but calmer , it’s hard isn’t it . Mum doesn’t wash her hands much , I keep thrusting hand sanitizer at her . Glad you got your afternoon away even if it was for ironing ! How is your hubby doing with his bp now ? All ok here , mum had a huff and puff afternoon and took herself off to her room for a couple of hours , came out of her own violition for dinner but didn’t want what we were having (spaghetti bol) so made her egg on toast , she was very quiet then went off to bed at 8pm we had a cuddle and asked her if she was in pain as she was rubbing her hip , she said no she was just really tired . She is tired a lot . Hope you have an ok weekend . Take care . X

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
Seems like a day for a bit of huff n puff. Glad mum came out ok, hope her hip is ok and tiredness nothing unusual X
Hubbys bp seems ok at mo X he is doing ok taking his tablets and checks it bout once a week n usualy fine thanks x
Did you do any more knitting recently? Me and mum did some today and I thought of you.
Hope weekend is ok for us all x

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
Ah that’s great to hear hubby doing ok and tablets doing their job ?yes seems it was a h & p day . I am still plodding along , hoping to get on to next stage as I have a long piece of knitting and no idea what to do with it ! My daughter said I could make a dress for her childhood doll ? . Take care . X

annielou

Sep 27, 2019
Yorkshire
lol @Woo2 :D If you don't fancy making it a dolls dress is it scarf width? I just finished the latest one I was knitting yesterday and gave it to mum as every time I got it out to knit she kept saying how lovely the colour was and it would go with her coat which it would and I wasn't knitting it for any body else so I'm happy for her to have it. Or is yours wide enough to fold in two stitch up the sides and use as a cushion cover?

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
It is scarf width I think , will give it to mil to stitch , I love the idea of cushion cover :) thank you. Going to watch some more videos . Thinking of trying crochet but is it hard ? I’m prob better sticking to knitting for the moment .